Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

RC Pattern Flying now a sub-forum?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

RC Pattern Flying now a sub-forum?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 05:48 PM
dbacque
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RC Pattern Flying now a sub-forum?

Why are RC Pattern Flying and Classic RC Pattern Flying now showing up as sub-forums to Kit Building when I view My Forums? They are listed under Pattern Universe if I select Airplane Forums.

Dave
Old 03-28-2010, 05:55 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: RC Pattern Flying now a sub-forum?

They show up under giant scale 3d and aerobatics for me. My guess is the data base needs a small tweak.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:25 PM
ExFokkerFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Jets for me...
Old 03-28-2010, 07:12 PM
crashlander
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It shows up under "Airplanes" for me.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:18 PM
faulknej
My Feedback: (9)

All Forums >> RC Airplanes >> Pattern Universe - R/C Pattern Flying >> RC Pattern Flying >> RC Pattern Flying now a sub-forum?

For me.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

ARF subforum here. Don't like it.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

ARF subforum here, don't like it (on 'my forums' it doesn't list the last posted thread).
Old 03-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Silent-AV8R

Shows up under IMAC for me. Must be a glitch with how each of us has selected "Our Forums". I am sure they'll get it sorted out.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:37 AM
Strat2003
My Feedback: (1)

It's under "Kit Building" for me now. I wonder if it shows up at all for unregistered lurkers.
Glad to see the I didn't screw something up.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:32 AM
dreadnaut
My Feedback: (5)

Under "RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring" for me. This is one of the forums in the "My Forums" list. I wonder if the glitch is in the My Forums module.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:55 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

R/C Gliders for me also, whatta.......
Old 03-29-2010, 05:56 PM
swlarcham

I opened this thread out of my history so hadn't looked at "My Forums" in a while.
Geuss what - Mine has NO Pattern listed anywhere !!

but check this out - too funny : A foamie forum with ys engine support as s subforum

Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)
Sub-forums:YS Engines Support
Old 03-30-2010, 07:16 AM
P-51B

I don't see why it needed any changing at all. The format was working fine as it was.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:40 PM
CustomPC

Yeah, it totally disappeared for me too.

I had to go looking for it through the "Show All Forums" view mode.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:21 AM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the classic pattern guys requested the classic forum no longer be a sub forum to pattern flying. it has a lot more activity anyway. everybody is finding out the end result still needs to be tweaked.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:39 PM
P-51B

ORIGINAL: dhal22

the classic pattern guys requested the classic forum no longer be a sub forum to pattern flying. it has a lot more activity anyway. everybody is finding out the end result still needs to be tweaked.

So the solution to some whining was to make regular pattern a sub-forum also?

The old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" seems to be popping into my head...
Old 03-31-2010, 06:22 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the suggestion was made by the same person who had the classic pattern separated in the 1st place. i don't think he's a whiner, although your post is a little suspect.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:54 PM
AWorrest

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wasn't affected until tonight. I previously had four main forums listed, R/C Radios etc., R/C Gliders, R/C Pattern, and Electric Pattern. For some reason R/C Pattern and Classic Pattern are now subforums of R/C Gliders, Sailplanes, and Slope Soaring. This is possibly more than mischief than just streamlining the forums.

Allan
Old 03-31-2010, 10:30 PM
DRC1

ORIGINAL: AWorrest

I wasn't affected until tonight. I previously had four main forums listed, R/C Radios etc., R/C Gliders, R/C Pattern, and Electric Pattern. For some reason R/C Pattern and Classic Pattern are now subforums of R/C Gliders, Sailplanes, and Slope Soaring. This is possibly more than mischief than just streamlining the forums.

Allan
After testing and playing around with the Forum Subcription under our account, I observed the following...

...If you view all forums Pattern falls in line with Pattern Universe and list sub forums similar to Pylon Racing...

We are unable to select and hold the Pattern Universe check box. Once you hit submit, it is deselected...

Here is the observation that addresses the issue as why many have Pattern fall into different forum headings...Here is the answer after I performed a few tests...

...Pattern will always fall as a subforum under the next subscribed forum level up that is selected...

This is very interesting. I presume that if RCU addresses the issue with not being able to select Pattern Universe, all will be solved and present better...

Larry Diamond
Old 04-01-2010, 08:08 AM
mvigod
Banned

There are TWO fixes to this that you must do.  We cannot fix it because it is a design limitation of our system when adding forums that already exist to a parent category that does not exist. 

1) Click FORUMS from the main nav and do not use MyForums button or MyForums from the nav.  In this case all forums will show correctly

2) If you want to use MyForums you must go to SETTINGS -> Forum Subscriptions  and then add the new parent forum "Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying to your MyForum list

If you do not do these then the forum may not show or will not show under the correct parent. They system sees you are subscribed to the old pattern forum but since you are not subscribed to the new parent it does not know where to put it so depending on your forum subscriptions it will stick it somewhere else.

3) Alternatively we could get rid of the parent and make RC Pattern Flying the parent and just put the Classic forum above it.  I still am not sure what the benefit of this recent change it but apparently more people asked for it then those who did not want it (democracy in action).

Old 04-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Stuart Chale

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The parent forum Pattern flying Universe will not stay selected in my forum list. It unchecks when you hit save settings. I now do not have pattern or classic pattern in "My forum" list.
Stuart
Old 04-01-2010, 08:58 AM
swlarcham

It does NOT work. Looks like you still have a bug !!
I just did exactly as you said - but now pattern came up as a sub forum under compoistes.
SO I did it over and unchecked compsites. Guess what It moved to a subforum under aerodynamics. and YES I did check the Main pattern forum check box each time.

Besides that your comment about more people asking for the change than not - how do you know as I didn't see a poll anywhere asking about it.
It's only Democracy when everyone has a voice !!
My vote is it was a mistake FWIW
Old 04-01-2010, 10:30 AM
MTK

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

There are TWO fixes to this that you must do. We cannot fix it because it is a design limitation of our system when adding forums that already exist to a parent category that does not exist.

1) Click FORUMS from the main nav and do not use MyForums button or MyForums from the nav. In this case all forums will show correctly

2) If you want to use MyForums you must go to SETTINGS -> Forum Subscriptions and then add the new parent forum ''Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying to your MyForum list

If you do not do these then the forum may not show or will not show under the correct parent. They system sees you are subscribed to the old pattern forum but since you are not subscribed to the new parent it does not know where to put it so depending on your forum subscriptions it will stick it somewhere else.

3) Alternatively we could get rid of the parent and make RC Pattern Flying the parent and just put the Classic forum above it. I still am not sure what the benefit of this recent change it but apparently more people asked for it then those who did not want it (democracy in action).

Marc,

Your last comment really caught my eye. As far as people who asked versus people who did not, I believe that I fall in the category of those who did not want the change. Problem is that I never knew a change was even being contemplated. Was the option even discussed??

I think that "democracy" as you put it would have leaned in the opposite direction given the chance. The deck was stacked in favor of the squeeky wheel except the rest of us didn't know anything about the squeek or we have have hollered "DON"T DO IT"

Matt Kebabjian
Old 04-01-2010, 12:59 PM
crashlander

Put it back the way it was. I do not recall a request for a change nor a poll taken.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:31 PM
klhoard

Still doesn't work. I guess this is what happens when you jam thru unpopular legislation using reconciliation. . .
ORIGINAL: RCadmin

. . .<snip>. .
2) If you want to use MyForums you must go to SETTINGS -> Forum Subscriptions and then add the new parent forum "Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying to your MyForum list. . .<snip>. .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.