Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Servo Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 02:17 PM
g_mkoch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Question

Can someone tell me if the following servos would be ok for the Spot On 120:
Futaba S9001 for ailerons, Hitec 5485 for rudder and Hitec 485 for elevator.
My question is mostly if the torque of the servos would be sufficient for Spot On 120?
Old 06-01-2010, 02:29 PM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Servo Question

They should work OK. The 9001's are not a lot of torque, but i've been flying them on my 1.20 size Chipmunk and flown it pretty hard and never had an issue. I would recommend more torque for the rudder though, just to make it a little more effective. On the elevator I would consider something with a little better resolution, even a sport digital as elevator is one area you will immediately feel any slop that develops. I flew the S9154's on the ailerons of my pattern stuff for years with no problems and they are only 64oz at 4.8V although I've always run them at 6+. On the elevator I've flown the 9254 for years as well and it only ~60oz torque, but very fast and very precise. For the rudder you would probably want something in the 120oz+ range.

Arch