Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Ohio Valley Pattern Classic

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 08:04 AM
RC11
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ohio Valley Pattern Classic

fAttention all pattern efficionados! The Ohio Valley Pattern Classic will be held in St.Clairsville Ohio this year on August 28 and 29 at the St.C RCFLYERS Field. Same as last year. All classes will be flown. Last years contest was a real success as we had quite a few 1st timers and most will be back this year. We are really blessed with a beautiful field with a totally unobstructed 600'x100' grass runway.
The field is 2 miles from I70 at the Ohio exit 213 with your choice of motel and eatery less than 10 minutes away.
More info will be posted here as well as on the NSRCA site.
Hope to see you all there!

Rick Cilles [email protected]
Home 740-695-2021
Cell 740-338-8386
Michael Cell 740-296-8239
Old 08-16-2010, 09:03 AM
ArchNemesis

Default RE: Ohio Valley Pattern Classic

I'll be there. But only for the BBQ Chicken and pasta salad.

-Mark
Old 08-16-2010, 09:11 AM
wildwillie3

I can't wait, this will be my second contest. I got to meet alot of nice pattern pilots at my first contest (Grove City) and I hope to see all of them again and more.

Bill
Old 08-16-2010, 09:26 AM
viva_peru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Rick,

I am hoping to be able to attend as well. Like Bill, this will be my second contest as well. I will be flying Sportsman (or at least trying to). For those of us that are out of state I was wondering if you could post the actual street address to the field so that I can figure out how to get there. I am not a member of the NSCRA yet, so I cannot get the contest details from their site.

Thanks,

Teo
Old 08-16-2010, 09:29 AM
ArchNemesis

Just follow the smell of the Chicken cooking and then turn right. Sad thing is I'm serious...lol.

GREAT to have you guys coming in Sportsman. Any chance you'll be in Detroit or in Cincy for the district champs? My son is flying Sportsman and can not make St. Clairsville unfortunately as he would love have a lot of people to fly with.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:13 AM
viva_peru

Mark,

I should be able to make Detroit since it is local to where I live. I am thinking that Cincy would be fun as well, but I am not sure if I will be able to make it: too many weekends away from home (just got back from visiting my parents in Lima, Peru).

Teo
Old 08-16-2010, 10:19 AM
ArchNemesis

Cinci is MUST event. You'll hear an earful about it in two weeks. Looking forward to meeting you.

-M
Old 08-16-2010, 10:22 AM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cincy is a MUST DO....but so is St. Clairsville....cow in Cincy and Chicken in St. Clairsville.....now we need a meet that has a pig roast.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:41 AM
wildwillie3

Teo,

If you type "pogue road and girl scout road, Saint Clairsville, OH, 43950" into google maps you are at the gate of the field.

Bill
Old 08-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Strat2003
My Feedback: (1)

If you travel by GPS, the front gate is at 40 02' 45.65" N, 80 59' 0290" W.
Use I-70 Exit 213.
Hotels and restaurants are three exits east at exit 218.
The field will be open for practice starting around 1:00 Friday and as early as Rick can remember the combination to the lock on Saturday.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Strat2003

Here's a pic of our happy group from last year. We hope to see all of them again and lots of new guests, too.

There's a pretty recent view of the field on Google Earth, just type in the previously posted coordinates.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51291.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	1485053  
Old 08-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Strat2003

Oops, wrong pic...not that those guys aren't happy.
Let me try again.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92082.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	1485055  
Old 08-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Strat2003

You'll do fine, Teo, but I have to warn you that Bill is flying much better since he ditched that flying squirel he had at Grove City, lol.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:39 PM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

ORIGINAL: petec

Cincy is a MUST DO....but so is St. Clairsville....cow in Cincy and Chicken in St. Clairsville.....now we need a meet that has a pig roast.
The Green Sea contest in SC has had pig roast before...

Great food.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:06 PM
viva_peru

Yup. I think that things will be more evenly matched up this time. I have exchanged e-mails with Bill and he is currently flying a Groovy, which I imagine is a much better pattern plane than the Dazzler he was forced to fly last time. I have not decided what to bring yet. I have an Angel 50 with only 20 flights on it, or my old reliable "Frankenresti" which I seem to fly a little better. Still debating if I want to go for beauty (Angel) or substance (Frankenresti).

Teo
Old 08-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Jim Grunt

I will have to disagree with you Scott, the first picture was the best because of the handsome guy on the left. Notice the award is upside down in honor of my fallen Genesis.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:30 AM
Strat2003

Yeah, Jim, I still can't figure out how you managed a smile.
We're considering installing a stop sign where the boxes intersect this year.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:21 PM
RC11

I just talked to Paul Houston of the world famous Houston's Chickens and gave him a possible turnout number. If you can give me a heads up it will be helpful. We will have chicken and fixins on Saturday with Cathie's famed hot sausage and fixins on Sunday. Yes Mark, that means her pasta salad you make such a fuss about. She appreciates that more than you know.
Oh yeah.... We will also fly pattern airplanes too! Good turnout last year but want to see more. New people are the future so bring a newbie in for the fun.
Arch Stafford plans on comming in from Maryland and I hope to see Ken Valez and Steve Miller from New York. Hey you Chicago Guys....Sure would be good to see your contingient too. Verne K and Bob K are comming in from Mich along with Peter V and Teo. A quest appearance by Dennis B is also on the docket. The Sportsman are really looking good and in a tight race. We will have about 6 competing from our club of 30. It seems there that there should be someone in western PA that flys pattern. Pete C flew last year in Int but just plans on being the computer Geek this year and running the scoreing tent with the girls. Guard the cookies! Oatmeal Raisin!!!!!! And don't forget Gail's lemon cake!!!!

Rick
Old 08-17-2010, 06:59 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nah....I'm not running anything...I'm just bringing the gear and eating the food.....
Old 08-17-2010, 07:34 PM
rcpattern

ORIGINAL: RC11

I just talked to Paul Houston of the world famous Houston's Chickens and gave him a possible turnout number. If you can give me a heads up it will be helpful. We will have chicken and fixins on Saturday with Cathie's famed hot sausage and fixins on Sunday. Yes Mark, that means her pasta salad you make such a fuss about. She appreciates that more than you know.
Oh yeah.... We will also fly pattern airplanes too! Good turnout last year but want to see more. New people are the future so bring a newbie in for the fun.
Arch Stafford plans on comming in from Maryland and I hope to see Ken Valez and Steve Miller from New York. Hey you Chicago Guys....Sure would be good to see your contingient too. Verne K and Bob K are comming in from Mich along with Peter V and Teo. The Sportsman are really looking good and in a tight race. We will have about 6 competing from our club of 30. It seems there that there should be someone in western PA that flys pattern. Pete C flew last year in Int but just plans on being the computer Geek this year and running the scoreing tent with the girls. Guard the cookies! Oatmeal Raisin!!!!!! And don't forget Gail's lemon cake!!!!

Rick

Rick,

At this moment I'm on the fence and leaning towards not being able to make the trip. I'm essentially going to have no flights on a new plane, with a new power system and new batteries and I don't want to fly sequences yet with it. I'm also in Denver all next week, so I'll have no time to get any of the above. Depending how the flying goes Friday and Saturday this week, we'll see, but unfortunately its not looking good.

Arch
Old 08-17-2010, 07:43 PM
RC11

Arch,
Plenty of old friends to give a hand. And Chicken too!!!
Rick!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:48 PM
ArchNemesis

Arch!!! Come Fly. A) I want to try the Wind S Pro. B) How better to trim than in a contest??? Seriously, we can have some fun and we'll get it all set up by the time you leave. You'll do juuuuust fine with it. This isn't the nats...
Old 08-17-2010, 08:59 PM
rcpattern

We'll see. I didnt say no. Not worried about the trimming stuff. Just a LONG drive after traveling for the 5 days leading up to it.

Arch
Old 08-17-2010, 09:13 PM
ArchNemesis

True, but not as long as it will take when you come to Cinci in Sept
Old 08-17-2010, 09:18 PM
RC11

Mark,
You gotta come in on Friday and give me a little trimming help with my slightly customized Brio with the SD10G.. Please??
RC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.