Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Japanese F3A Championship in Kurobe

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Japanese F3A Championship in Kurobe

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 11:05 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Japanese F3A Championship in Kurobe

ORIGINAL: EHFAI

Looks like he may have replaced the gearbox with a belt drive. Would be as quiet as an outie.
Potentially lower maintenance too, as long as alignment holds. Can't tell from the photo if the motor is driving the large sprocket or if the large sprocket is being driven by the belt. The prop looks smaller so it may be the latter

Old 09-13-2010, 11:14 AM
MTK

ORIGINAL: MTK

ORIGINAL: EHFAI

Looks like he may have replaced the gearbox with a belt drive. Would be as quiet as an outie.
Potentially lower maintenance too, as long as alignment holds. Can't tell from the photo if the motor is driving the large sprocket or if the large sprocket is being driven by the belt. The prop looks smaller so it may be the latter

Okay from the latter photos it's a belt double reduction set-up similar to what servos use. Curious to know how much pitch he's turning. The set-up would produce tremendous torque for relatively low current particularly at mid throttle. It wouldn't surpise me if the prop was 19x19.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:04 AM
guille2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Undoubtely the system develops more torque and less rpm; so he can choose to use more pitch or more diameter.
I made some numbers for gearboxes and the first result indicates me that a 50% rpm gives a gearbox in no less than 800 g. This system is for sure less than that.
I suspect that we will see that solution more ofetn from now.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Ricardo M.

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Seems that everybody was impresed with Akiba flying style, very slow and close. Another picture of his Hacker motor development.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91929.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1501176  
Old 09-15-2010, 10:15 AM
MTK

ORIGINAL: Ricardo M.

Seems that everybody was impresed with Akiba flying style, very slow and close. Another picture of his Hacker motor development.
Put a cone on it....it will spool up a DA100, no problems.

Seriously, this is good stuff. Anybody know what prop size was run?
Old 09-16-2010, 04:47 AM
sarashina

Unfortunately I have no idea about the prop Mr.Akiba use. But I am hearing merits of this system from my friend who relate to Mr. Akiba. This system is less friction, more silent than its gear down. Besides, it is easy to maintain. Deceleration ratio seems as same as Hacker's gear down.

sarashina
Old 09-16-2010, 07:32 AM
Malcolm H

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Simply scaling the relative diameters of the toothed pulleys as seen in the near side view above gives me 40/15.5mm or 2.58:1

Overall ratio is 2.58 x 2.58 or 6.6:1 ie within limits of this crude measurement the same as 6.7:1 for the standard gearbox.

Malcolm
Old 09-16-2010, 11:03 AM
MTK

ORIGINAL: sarashina

Unfortunately I have no idea about the prop Mr.Akiba use. But I am hearing merits of this system from my friend who relate to Mr. Akiba. This system is less friction, more silent than its gear down. Besides, it is easy to maintain. Deceleration ratio seems as same as Hacker's gear down.

sarashina
Do you know if Hacker has the belt reduction unit available as a retrofit on other motors?
Old 09-16-2010, 07:44 PM
sarashina

I guess Hacker will not prepare the belt reduction system you think. Mr. Akiba acquired the motor without a gear box and a pinion gear, and then he personally made this unit.

sarashina
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17288.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	1502063