Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

D4 Championships

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 07:37 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: D4 Championships

ORIGINAL: d_bodary

ORIGINAL: tree2tree

After the Bat Combat, I flew my camera plane for some video of the field. http://rccd.org/Videos/Flying%20Cardinals%20Field.wmv Had to land because it lost a prop!!
As Mike said, it's a great place. Thanks to all, especially Anthony A. for making my first D4 Championship most enjoyable.
Noel
That was a sweet video. Was that on the bat? and what kind of camera are you using, Has to be mighty small if it is on the bat.

Now on to the contest, I finished a disappointing sixth, Was hoping i could beat Mickey, This year it just did'nt happen.
Like the Lions say every year. Wait'll next year.
Still don't have anything for the top four. But Mickey is going down!!!
Did have the highlight of Judging the Olsen twins they kept it entaining the complete flight.

Like the Lions say Wait'll next year!!!!
The good part is the LED lights on my nightflyer worked flawlessly.
Hey Dennis judging Mike Olson was a stitch. He kept calling his plane the "Flying Kielbasa".
Hey Joel thanks for the video also.
Dennis I just bought a camera like that on ebay for $20. They are really nice and only weigh about 10 grams. Bill Ahrens has been doing a lot of pattern flying with one attached. Mike
Old 09-21-2010, 11:24 AM
mlovitt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks to Mark, Bob, Verne, Joe, Dave and everyone who helped me out at my first pattern contest. Hopefully many more next year! Had a great time!
Old 09-21-2010, 12:28 PM
RC11
My Feedback: (7)

Mike's first pattern contest..... finished 3rd in Intermediate. Really impressive Mike! Hope to see you around next year!

Great Flying!
RC
Old 09-21-2010, 12:36 PM
tree2tree

The camera is a FlyCamOne II (1 oz) on a depron plane I built for slow, stable flight. The 48" wingspan plane is called the "Deprecon" and at about 4 oz/sq ft, it's a floater! I have tried the camera on all kinds of planes, but find the best viewing is from a slow, stable platform.

I then put lights on the Deprecon for night flying, but it tossed it's prop again, soon after take-off, so I quit and watched the other planes. Dennis - those were some intense lights you had man!!!

Noel
Old 09-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Strat2003
My Feedback: (1)

Yeah Rick, I hope to see a lot of Mike next year, too....flying Advanced, lol.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

I called for Mike a couple of rounds - he did fly well, especially for a guy who flies helis and turbines at his first contest!

Really awesome mix of everything this year, from pattern flying to combat to steaks cakes and pies. I was intrigued by how much the pattern guys were into 'other' stuff as well, from Mike's jets to Bob's giant scale airliner. I'm really excited to be in an area with so much exposure.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:31 PM
mlovitt

time to practice
Old 09-21-2010, 11:11 PM
VerneK

You'll still have to go to Detroit for some decent chili. One of the places I recommended to you (Lafayette Coney Island) served as the backdrop in a scene in a new police show on ABC tonight.

Verne

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

I called for Mike a couple of rounds - he did fly well, especially for a guy who flies helis and turbines at his first contest!

Really awesome mix of everything this year, from pattern flying to combat to steaks cakes and pies. I was intrigued by how much the pattern guys were into 'other' stuff as well, from Mike's jets to Bob's giant scale airliner. I'm really excited to be in an area with so much exposure.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:28 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

I was disappointed by Skyline[&o]