RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   Trojan Horse (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/10354689-trojan-horse.html)

jetmech43 02-22-2011 03:03 AM

Trojan Horse

My virus protection keeps blocking a virus on here anyone else been having any problems

NeilRivera 02-22-2011 03:46 AM

RE: Trojan Horse

Not at all, I visit the site several times a day from different computers and I get nothing. What antivirus are you using ?

jetmech43 02-22-2011 03:48 AM

Avast, on everypage on rcu

DagTheElder 02-22-2011 04:01 AM

This is a pandemi[:@][:@][:@]

CGRetired 02-22-2011 04:42 AM

Yeah, I keep getting the warning from McAfee about quarantine of a "trojan" on my home PC but not on the one at work. I looked it up but got nothing. Not even from McAfee... I wonder how they knew it was "a problem" without knowing what it was?

CGr.

d_bodary 02-22-2011 08:53 AM

I've been getting the same warning.

NeilRivera 02-22-2011 09:07 AM

Ok guys, I've tried many anti virus programs as I used to fix computers on the side. Sounds like there is something fishy with your computers. I would recommend to download and install Windows Security Essentials from Microsoft.com. It is free and works flawlessly. I would try this and then remove any other antivirus you might have. WSE has worked for me ever since it came out. It is what I use to clean infected computers. Give it a try and let me know the results...

Jetdesign 02-22-2011 09:11 AM

My AV just caught a bug yesterday. Haven't spent too much time on the forum lately until the past few days.

rcpattern 02-22-2011 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: CGRetired

Yeah, I keep getting the warning from McAfee about quarantine of a ''trojan'' on my home PC but not on the one at work. I looked it up but got nothing. Not even from McAfee... I wonder how they knew it was ''a problem'' without knowing what it was?

CGr.
Most AV programs flag anything they don't recognize as a "problem." Virus' are usually ahead of the programs designed to stop them, so the manufacturers have set it up to flag anything it doesn't recognize.

Arch

CGRetired 02-22-2011 09:37 AM

Yup, that's what it was doing. Drove me nuts. I finally got smart and set it not to notify me when it "detected" the "problem".

CGr.

Rocketman_ 02-22-2011 09:47 AM

ORIGINAL: NeilRivera

Ok guys, I've tried many anti virus programs as I used to fix computers on the side. Sounds like there is something fishy with your computers.
There is nothing fishy about their computers, the "fishy" smell is coming from RCU. I'm on here almost everyday and my AVG antivirus only encountered what it considered a "virus" on RCU last night. Today (2/22/2011) there have been no virus warnings on RCU so far. Whether or not you get a warning may depend on which server you are connected to, not which PC you are using.

emilsanto 02-22-2011 10:10 AM

yes me to and i use avg antivirus it just stared a couple days ago. usally when i research a product or read user reviews

mjfrederick 02-22-2011 10:47 AM

I was wondering... I normally access RCU from work, and yesterday when I clicked on the forums (not when I pulled up the site) there was a message from our internal firewall that activity to a specific IP address was going to be blocked for a specific period of time. I clicked on the forums link again, and they came up just fine. Go figure...

Jetdesign 02-22-2011 12:31 PM

I can't believe I just got a free antivirus from Microsoft by following the above recommendation. Am I missing something??

lodomjr 02-22-2011 04:45 PM

My computer at work will let me on RCU and the other forums, for sale adds, but not the airplane forum. It blocks me and says there's a virus. My computer at home does not see anything so I don't know.

Larry

Chasing Fear 02-22-2011 05:14 PM

Guys,

See post #3:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10350390

-Allan

jetmech43 02-23-2011 01:52 AM

thats the same thing that was on mine