RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   New Pattern plane Monolog (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/10524488-new-pattern-plane-monolog.html)

rgreen24 05-16-2011 07:31 PM

New Pattern plane Monolog

Hey folks hope you are all well. It's been a while since i have posted anything on RCU but had to post this. I know that many of us are always looking for less expensive but great flying pattern airplanes. I had the chance to fly one of these ship last week in California. The plane is called the Monolog, not to be confused with Dialog :D. The plane I beleive is made by Fliton and it is the electric version to the Element 170. The plane was outfitted with a 170 DZ with ignition, and I got to tell you, this is one smooth engine; side note, never going back to glow for pattern, but if i did this would be the set up i would use.

Any way Alex Shim, hopefully I spelled his last name correctly, gave me an opportunity to fly this airplane, and i was very impressed with it from the moment i took off. the plane seem to lock in with every maneaver i did, even with a 20+ mph cross wind, rolls were very axial, and it snapped and stopped on a dime. Even though the highest level that I have competed in is Advanced, I beleive that this plane could very well fly the FAI sequence with no issues. The field where I flew the airplane had a 400 foot cieling so I was not able to perform some of the FAI maneauvers, but i could tell that the plane could handle it.

Now for the best part, the price of the airplane i beleive is mid 800.00. I know that as a pattern community we always complain about how expensive pattern planes are getting and there is not many entry level competitive airframes; well here is one that I will certainly consider for my next pattern ship. IF you would like more info on this plane please contact Alex Shim, or PM me and i will give you his number, if it is okay with him. One more thing, three to four weeks delivered to your door

take care and GO D5!!!!!

vbortone 05-17-2011 06:30 AM

RE: New Pattern plane Monolog

So are you coming to Kansas City next week?

VB

jarvis johnson 05-17-2011 05:28 PM

Check page 4 of this thread, I started it back in Oct 2010. Alex just got in a shippment of Monolog 110, and there is a new version of the 2x2 that has a plug in stab.

rgreen24 05-17-2011 07:17 PM

Thanks Jarvis. I thought KC was in June Vincent?

jarvis johnson 05-17-2011 07:38 PM

Robert, I'm building my second Monolog,getting it ready for the Nat's, Did you move out here or was just for bussiness?

vbortone 05-18-2011 04:40 PM

Hi Robert,

Good to hear from you. The KC contest (MoKan Pattern Contest) is on Memorial Day weekend this year. Check D5 web site. It is up North (close to MCI airport) so you guys from Omaha could save around 1 hour of traveling so no excuse....

Here the link:

http://nsrca.us/d5/default.htm

I hope to see you next week.

Vicente "Vince" Bortone

Mike Wiz 05-18-2011 06:06 PM

"Monolog" That;s a funny name for a plane. If you were a woman pilot you might call it The  V****a Monolog.... or not. :)

rgreen24 05-19-2011 05:06 AM

Hey Javis, i was out there for a little business and pleasure. We'll try to make it down Vicente

Haram 05-22-2011 02:16 AM

Hi Robert,
It is Alex Shim you was correct my last name.
so grad to you fly Monolog with in California trip.
and Monolog is not from Fliton it is from BJ Craft.
also only 10 days delivered order.

And please call me

rgreen24 05-22-2011 03:48 AM

Hey Alex, will give you a holler tomorrow.

Cheers

rgreen24 05-22-2011 01:03 PM

Hey Vincente, i think the wife and I will be heading down on saturday morning, to the contest. Looking forward to seeing you all