RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   Typhoon 2+2 plans (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/10770652-typhoon-2-2-plans.html)

mcs_aero 10-17-2011 08:47 PM

Typhoon 2+2 plans

1 Attachment(s)
<div><span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%">Hi guys,

I'mvery interested in a set of plans of an airplane. But I'm looking for such a long time that I'm begining to doubt if it would be possible. But I need to keep trying.

The plane is the Typhoon 2+2. Now I'm realy into this airplane - due to the large search. But I'm getting frustaded. It's not possible sucha great and famous f3a plane can't be buit anymore. Somebody, somewhere has this plane and a set of plans.

So, I would appreciate a lot if sb, please, could do this enormous favor of selling me a copy of the plans.

As I said, I'm reeealy interested in it. There are several others of the same time, but for emotional reasons, the Typhoon 2+2 is the only one I feel like tobuild !!

Maybe somebody could give some info of where I can find this plan.

Sorry, I already posted a similar message in the classic pattern forum (it's really important to me guys).

</span><span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%">Thanks a lot everyone
Carlos

</span></div>

wattsup 10-18-2011 04:22 AM

RE: Typhoon 2+2 plans

mcs aero, You might want to PM me because I have exactly what you are looking for. How about an original set of Typhoon 2+2 plans by Ron Chidgey with a Copyright date of 5-9-96! A set of
these plans spawned the "knock-off" Tempest and Black Magic series. I know because I built two of the Typhoon 2+2's back in 1997 and 1998 from these plans. Regards, Everette

MrSteve09 10-27-2011 06:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,...

I have plans for the Typhoon 909,... 909 square inch wing with a 70 inch wing span. I'm willing to sell the original plans for $15.00 plus shipping.

I also have Typhoon 2000 plans and Mike Hester's modifications for his Tempest.

If anyone is interested, please send me an email and we can arrange a deal.

Thanks!!

Sincerely,
Steve T.
Monson, Massachusetts

wattsup 10-27-2011 10:04 AM

Thanks Steve. Now, if some of you out there still have doubts, re:Typhoon, page #17 here in the pattern section of RCU and read for yourself! Can you spell "knock-off"? See ya__Everette

mcs_aero 10-27-2011 05:11 PM

Hey Everette,

did you receive my last PM?

Best Regards
Carlos

ppljr 10-27-2011 10:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Seriously Everette? I wouldn't say knock off, maybe an evolution of a design... Have you seen the old Direct Connection USA Star? Not starting an argument, just giving an opinion.

wattsup 10-28-2011 04:23 AM

ppljr, I actually know the USA Star very well after flying with Dave Von Linsowe several times at the Rough River Kentucky pattern contest approx 15 years ago. Based on a picture, one could easily be lead to think the two planes were alike. After observing Dave's USA Star and building my two Typhoons, I do know the difference. Make no mistake, IMHO the USA Star was a good pattern plane but, the Typhoon series was greatly improved. Ron Chigdey was one heck of an innovator/designer and deserves all the credit. As a side note, Ivan Christiansen had his Typhoon 2+2 at the same contest. I did not take your response as wanting to start an argument and was pleased to see the picture of the USA Star. Wish you the best, Everette

flywilly 10-28-2011 12:04 PM

The USA Star was just a bigger version of Dave's Mistress design which he flew for most of the '80s. I loved my Mistresses (just the pattern ships :D) which all flew great. Personally, I think the USA Star may have been a good design with more power - really taxed the YS 120AC back in the day. Tony Frackowiak won the nats with a Typhoon 1000 (predecessor to the Typhoon 2+2) - clearly the lineage of the design was very successful!

2001az 10-28-2011 01:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now, for those interested in the Typhoon 909, I have a complete kit (plans, canopy, cowl, all wood needed) to build one of these from Gator (1994), never built it and no time to do it.
Any offers?

Arturo
407-910-8911

wattsup 10-28-2011 01:28 PM

Carlos, check your e mail. The plans are coming your way via U.S. Postal Service in 7-10 days. BTW, you might consider making Arturo an offer. This is indeed a RARE kit! Regards, Everette

Stryker4002 01-12-2012 08:54 AM

Hello Steve I have plans for the 2+2 but looking at it, imight be a little big for my needs. Do you still have plans for the typhoon 909 ?? Please email me back at [email protected]. Thanks Denny