RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   CD Appreciation (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/10783028-cd-appreciation.html)

EHFAI 10-26-2011 02:02 AM

CD Appreciation

We enjoy our participation in pattern events, the flying, awards, comradery, parties, and eats. The "historical" contests are pretty much expected to be there each year. We practice for these events and focus on thecompetition, knowing that if we show up and judge a couple of rounds the show will go on. Withoutcontests we'd have no place to enjoy the challenge of matching our hard earned skills to those of others.

The folks that make this happen year after year are the local event CD's. These folks make all the preparations, from getting club approval (for a low - no profit event), to providing score sheets. The logistics of putting on an event are considerable and the risk of a low turn-out real. We should all take a moment now, as the season iswinding down, to offer a big THANK YOU to all the CD's and clubs that hosted pattern events during the year.

Strat2003 10-26-2011 03:49 AM

RE: CD Appreciation

I'll second that!

Scott

petec 10-26-2011 05:36 AM

Scott now you need to give Ricky a big wet sloppy kiss.

Strat2003 10-26-2011 09:38 AM

Ricky needs something, he had a bad evening yesterday, lol.

bwick 10-26-2011 12:33 PM

Earl, I knew it was all a ruse. You're just a big ol' softy ;)

You're also right. A big thanks goes out from me to everyone that makes it possible to have these contests all around the country.

EHFAI 10-26-2011 12:44 PM

Nuttin "softy" about saying "Thanks".

remmulp 10-26-2011 02:05 PM

<div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: 9pt">You are so correct. In D3 there are several outstanding CDs that put on Pattern contests; Larry Odom, Emory Schroeter, Jamie Strong, Victor Diaz, Jon Lowe, Tony Coberly, Jason Schulman, and Rob Campbell. Without the dedicated effort by these gentlemen and all of the volunteers the contest we attend would not have happened.Thank you and your clubs for hosting the Pattern contests.

Mike P.</span></div>

RC11 10-26-2011 06:12 PM

Hey Pete,
Are you avoiding me.. You Brute.....

Ricky,

Kiss me you fool!

mlr53 10-27-2011 05:16 AM

Well said Earl. I didn't get to make all the pattern events in my district but the 4 I did were well organized and a lot of fun. My hats off to the people who worked hard to make those events possible. I look forward to trying to make all the pattern events in my district next year.

MTK 10-27-2011 06:02 AM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: EHFAI

We enjoy our participation in pattern events, the flying, awards, comradery, parties, and eats. The ''historical'' contests are pretty much expected to be there each year. We practice for these events and focus on the competition, knowing that if we show up and judge a couple of rounds the show will go on. Without contests we'd have no place to enjoy the challenge of matching our hard earned skills to those of others.

The folks that make this happen year after year are the local event CD's. These folks make all the preparations, from getting club approval (for a low - no profit event), to providing score sheets. The logistics of putting on an event are considerable and the risk of a low turn-out real. We should all take a moment now, as the season is winding down, to offer a big THANK YOU to all the CD's and clubs that hosted pattern events during the year.
Exactly on the money Earl!! Excellent sentiment. CD Appreciation is something we often don't take time to reflect upon in our busy lives. I want to add my "Thanks" to the list