RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   Hyde-Seba (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/10803096-hyde-seba.html)

patternflyer1 11-08-2011 03:07 PM

Hyde-Seba

In chatting with Chip I have learned that it's ok to let the cat out of the bag. Hyde and Silvestri are going to get together to build planes!!!!

With Chip involved, we will have his excitement for pattern and his excellent design skills in collaboration with another great exciting pilot and designer Sebastiano to bring us some excellent new planes in the near future!! Chip will fill in the details I am sure when he has some time. This I am looking forward to!!!!!

Good news for the hobby!

Chris

underdw 11-08-2011 03:23 PM

RE: Hyde-Seba

Bring on the Cations!!!!!!

pattratt 11-08-2011 03:49 PM

Yea, me too! I have a proto type comimg first of the year for testing and feedback. It will be set up for a Contra Drive!
Dick

Passport1 11-08-2011 05:32 PM

First I would like to say that I am very excited about this. I have known Seba for many years and he has always been on the leading edge with his designs. Actually Mariano and I are doing our designs while Seba does his own. The teaming up will mainly be a advantage because now we can learn from each other from 60 years of combine experience instead of just 25 or 30. I know some of you are probably thinking wow that was fast, but the truth is I contacted Seba several months ago and we arranged some meetings when we were both in Muncie.

I never had any intentions in the beginning of changing manufactures I just wanted to branch out and try to get some of my designs into Europe, and other countries as opposed to just North and South America. Seba's factory has been putting out some really nice planes for a good price and that was something we just can't do in Ar. The materials are just to expensive.

It was kind of funny when we met because he had no idea what I was thinking and vice versa until we started the conversation. Right away it became apparent we had the same thoughts. Seba was looking to produce a plane from another top pilot in order to expand his horizons, and I was looking to be able to have my design made in a way that it would be affordable to more people.

Since then we have spoken of many things that we want to try in the future and I think there will be some really cool planes down the road. I know there is a new one that is about finished but I am not going to go into much detail until he makes the announcement. The next plane in line is the Cation CS all composite which is all set to begin just after the Chinese new year.

As far as prices and dealers I can only guess the planes will be right in line with the others Seba has produced. The first generation will be painted in the mold however I believe (As of rescent events) there is probably a really good chance that it will also be possible to have the more custom look and scheme as well that can be accomplished by painting outside the mold in the future.

There are many more things to come that are not finalized enough to go into detail yet so I will keep this short. We just wanted to let everyone know the wheels are in motion.

Thanks

Chip

serious power 11-09-2011 01:42 AM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: patternflyer1

In chatting with Chip I have learned that it's ok to let the cat out of the bag. Hyde and Silvestri are going to get together to build planes!!!!

With Chip involved, we will have his excitement for pattern and his excellent design skills in collaboration with another great exciting pilot and designer Sebastiano to bring us some excellent new planes in the near future!! Chip will fill in the details I am sure when he has some time. This I am looking forward to!!!!!

Good news for the hobby!

Chris
Hi,
It would seem the cat IS out of the bag now.

TimBle 11-09-2011 01:59 AM

falling place pieces into

Niall 11-09-2011 03:25 AM

A match made in Heaven;)

cmoulder 11-09-2011 03:37 AM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: TimBle

falling place pieces into
What an elegant final line for a haiku! Well done.

Is this original?...... Was it intended?

TimBle 11-09-2011 04:46 AM

yes and yes

mithrandir 11-09-2011 10:21 PM

I have a Funtana 140S that Sebart released 7 years ago... way back then, it was the best ARF I put t'gether... and haven't assembled one as nice since!

TimBle 11-09-2011 11:32 PM

few of those funtana's at my field. All broken clean through the fuselage at about 25% from the leading edge.
They're built way too light, not much play in that area at all. All been repaired and reinforced with glassfibre.

I do love the newer designs he has released. All very elegant, and good flyers. Not so sure about the 1.10 Wind S though. It Does not apear to have a very wide tolerance for CG placement. On the sweet spot it flies great, off the sweet spot theres lots of coupling. That may be true of many ARF's though
Still excellent value ARF's and I would drop the cash on one in a heart beat.
The pattern planes are really desirable

guille2006 11-10-2011 02:11 AM

No doubt; a wining combination...

mithrandir 11-10-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: TimBle

few of those funtana's at my field. All broken clean through the fuselage at about 25% from the leading edge.
They're built way too light, not much play in that area at all. All been repaired and reinforced with glassfibre.

I do love the newer designs he has released. All very elegant, and good flyers. Not so sure about the 1.10 Wind S though. It Does not apear to have a very wide tolerance for CG placement. On the sweet spot it flies great, off the sweet spot theres lots of coupling. That may be true of many ARF's though
Still excellent value ARF's and I would drop the cash on one in a heart beat.
The pattern planes are really desirable
must have been a bad batch....

I bought two F140S' in 2005 and both are still flying with hundreds of flights on each...

Dave Sullivan owned one and he was unable to break it in the air..... (aka PlaneBender)

The structure is pretty dang light... not designed for anything but a virgin princess landing....
but in the air.. they seemed tuff enuff....

I won my first pattern contest with it!!

anyway.. for the most part.. it was a higher quality than I would have the patience to do myself!
It seemed to me, it was the first Chinese ARF that didn't have the "Sch!t-Cote" covering...

Even now... after years in my garage and trailer... the covering has very few wrinkleages!

Wouldn't it be gnarly if Chip and Silvestri developed a EDF Pattern Plane!!??

he he he he