RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   Jevan Fitzsimmons-R.I.P (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/2267772-jevan-fitzsimmons-r-i-p.html)

patternflyer1 10-19-2004 11:18 AM

Jevan Fitzsimmons-R.I.P

To those of you that knew my brother Jevan, he has passed away as did my sister Shannon also. He died on Friday around noon. I hope you can all say a prayer for my mom and I as we are devastated. We're not sure when services will be yet... Sorry to bring this to the list, but its the best way to reach those in district 7 that may have known him.... Krishlan

AmirN 10-20-2004 02:13 AM

RE: Jevan Fitzsimmons-R.I.P

Krishlan, I'm very sorry to hear the great losses. I remember meeting Jevan and he was too young for this. I'm shocked. What was the cause?......I used to live in the San Jose area. I believe I met him down in southern California and up in San Jose at contests.

Take care,
Amir

patternflyer1 10-20-2004 09:41 AM

Hi Amir. Yes I believe you did meet Jevan down in southern Cali. He used to fly out of the Perris- Riverside club and also mile square park. Then he moved up here to Tracy, so I'm sure you had seen him around San Jose.

This is what happened: Our sister Shannon who lived in Detroit, passed away on Wednesday night in a horrific car accident. She was killed instantly thank god... Jevan died of a heart attack less than 24 hours later. We found him at home in the living room. The sad thing is that he was packing his van for the Lancaster contest. He wasn't sure if he was going to be able to fly, but it was how he was going to cope with my sisters loss while me and her mother went to Detroit to bring my sister home. My mother and I are devastated now. All of our family is over in England where we are from. We went from the four of us to the two of us within 48 hours. We had a very tight relationship between the four of us and for that I am thankfull.... I will forever miss them both... Thanks for the replies....Krishlan

CRC 10-21-2004 07:19 PM

Hello Krishland
I am Deeply Saddened to hear this news.. I can hardly believe it .. I was just flying with "Jev" the other day it seems..
He seemed so into the renewed interest in Pattern and we were counting on flying together all next season. My heart goes out to
you and your Mom in these sad times. Please let me know when the Services are planed. I will make sure that all at this
weekends IONE contest receive the news. Frank Capone [email protected]

El Kabong 10-22-2004 06:33 PM

Krishland,

This is very san news indeed. I am shocked and very sadden. I have been just getting to know the two of you and was looking forward to next years flying with Jevan in FAI. I admired his sportsmanship, honesty, motivation and of course his flying skill.
I have no idea how it would be to deal with such a giant piece of anyone’s life gone as you have now. I saw how close you were. I wish I could do something. I can only hope that you find a way to recovery that will return your positive disposition and your motivation to achieve.

Craig Blodgett

patternflyer1 10-24-2004 09:56 AM

Hi Frank and Craig. Yes, sad news it is. I am really lost at this point. Jevan was my sole inspiration for flying pattern. We had a certain way of calling for each other and I will really miss that. There are no other pattern flyers at my field so maybe I'll start flying somewhere else so that I don't lost interest in pattern as I love it and I know my brother would be proud to see me do well. Guess I'll have to teach the wife or my mom to call...
Jevan really admired both of you and talked about you often....
Thanks for the replies and the emails.. We're starting a little scrap book, mom and I, and they will be sure to be in it...
See you at Morgan Hill ( I hope)
Krishlan

CRC 10-25-2004 09:51 PM

Hey Kirshlan,
I have a few Digital pictures of you and Jevan from this past year.. I would like to send them to you. Can you send me an eMail so that i can receive your address?

Frank Capone

[email protected]

patternflyer1 10-26-2004 08:02 AM

Hey Frank. That would be really nice. Thanks... Email is [email protected]

patternflyer1 10-27-2004 09:23 AM

Dont know why my email didn't work Frank... It is patternflyer at eartlink.net
Maybe it doesn't let you post them here... C U at Morgan Hill I hope... Krishlan

Barrybuilder 08-01-2008 11:20 PM

Hey Son,

You forgot to mention both yourself and Jevan has a father, that taught you how to build and fly model aircraft and also took you to all the competitions so you could be what you are today.

Realistically their are not just the (2) of you, yourself and your mother as you mention.! There are (3) of us.
Your Father should be included in your blog........ you don't mention your Father.

He morns every day for both of his childrens death, within such a short period of time and you do not even mention your father?

Barry Fitzsimmons
Father of:...................... For the Record......
Jevan Barry Fitzsimmons
Krishlan Jay Fitzsimmons
Shannon Lee Fitzsimmons

MetallicaJunkie 08-01-2008 11:58 PM

I offer my condolences to the Fitzsimmons family, whom i don't know personally, only as fellow RCU members.

vthurik 08-05-2008 01:26 PM

Not one day passes that I don't think of you all and miss Jev :(
I'm sorry.

Love you
Val (Thurik)

matchlessaero 08-05-2008 04:23 PM

Sincerest condolences Chris.

MTK 08-08-2008 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Barrybuilder

Hey Son,

You forgot to mention both yourself and Jevan has a father, that taught you how to build and fly model aircraft and also took you to all the competitions so you could be what you are today.

Realistically their are not just the (2) of you, yourself and your mother as you mention.! There are (3) of us.
Your Father should be included in your blog........ you don't mention your Father.

He morns every day for both of his childrens death, within such a short period of time and you do not even mention your father?

Barry Fitzsimmons
Father of:...................... For the Record......
Jevan Barry Fitzsimmons
Krishlan Jay Fitzsimmons
Shannon Lee Fitzsimmons
My deepest sympathy to all of the Fitzsimmons family. Losing a son and daughter back to back has to be almost unbearable

Matt Kebabjian

patternflyer1 08-09-2008 01:21 AM

Thanks guys.

This was of course, in 2004. I miss my brother and sister like crazy. My brother was my sole inspiration for pattern and he is the sole reason that I fly pattern today. I honestly fly it to continue the love that he had for it. I have come to love it as much as he did. It is a great passion in my life in his and my sister Shannon's honor. I think about them every time I fly.

Thanks again!

Chris

STAYCRIS 07-08-2009 07:31 PM

Jevan ,
Will always be known as the most amazing Man for many talents.
you will truly be missed God bless you Jevan.

May the lord guide your family every day until you meet again.

stayce.

AmericanSpectre505 07-13-2009 07:25 PM

Please accept my condolences,.....sad news!

Bill Holsten

AAbdu 07-14-2009 09:08 PM

Krishlan,
I never had the pleasure of meeting your brother but I feel your loss and grieve right along with you. My friends in the small but tight pattern community are an extension of my family, when they hurt, I hurt.

My prayers and most sincere condolences go out to you and your family.

Anthony
NSRCA #759 D4

Errin 10-10-2010 05:29 PM

Krishlan,

I just learned today about Jevan and Shannon. I realized it had been awhile since I'd had a call from Jev.  He used to call every few years just to see how things were going and I began to wonder about him today and decided to try to look him up.  I never got the opportunity to meet you but I dated Jevan for awhile back in 1997-1998.  He introduced me to R/C when he took me flying on our first California date :)  I'm so sorry for your loss but I'm so happy to see you continuing to honor him in your flying.  I spent time with your mother at their Lake Matthews house and I would love to offer her my condolenses.  Please tell her that Errin is thinking of her.

patternflyer1 10-10-2010 09:59 PM

Hi Errin,

Thank you for your reply here! I actually remember your name! We never met, but I remember the time frame when you were in Jevans life. I lived in Michigan at that time.
Funny, he took you flying on your first Cali date! hehe. Sounds like him! He really loved to fly pattern. It was his life really!
I will definitely mention your comments to my mom. It's almost the anniversary of their passing and is a bit of an emotional time still for us. How odd that you thought of him during this time.

Thank you so much for your reply! It's always nice to be around new people at a pattern contest who knew him and mention it to me. And also nice of those that were in his life that new of his passion for pattern that contact me.

Take care!

Chris