RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   Composite-ARF Integral, kinda build thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/5004679-composite-arf-integral-kinda-build-thread.html)

CHV69 05-29-2007 06:16 PM

RE: Composite-ARF Integral, kinda build thread

The stock rudder horn gets glued into the slot cut out in the rudder, so I don't see where this is weakening the structure...

That may be true. I just felt better not cutting all that material out.

I am using an OS 1.40 RX and It seems plenty of power for the plane.
What is the advantage to putting in the big 4 strokes?

rcu-eur 05-29-2007 07:33 PM

More importantly Jason , how does it feel compared to your electric setup, you must have time enuff by now to make a fair comparison, pros and cons???

Thanks

JAS 05-29-2007 07:46 PM

Vibration is slightly more. I'm waiting for the new 80 mount from Merle to try on it.

I don't have an integral set-up with electric so I can't compare. My Impact is electric, but since I've put it up for sale, I've decided not to fly it again. It's "different" power. Not sure just how different without flying electric in an Integral... Robert, when you coming back to FL but with your Integral... ;)

CHV69 05-29-2007 07:50 PM

Jason can your Impact be converted to glow without much trouble?
If so I would be intersted in the plane.

Carl

MHester 05-29-2007 08:03 PM

ORIGINAL: JAS

Vibration is slightly more. I'm waiting for the new 80 mount from Merle to try on it.

You'll love it [8D]

One thing, make sure you secure that header because it does let the engine move around a bit. If you used the standard soft mount for the pipe, it's really nice. Quiet and smooooooth.....

-Mike

JAS 05-29-2007 08:10 PM

For a 4-stroke, probably not a big deal. New firewall (which I think I have) and a short Hatori set-up should be pretty easy. But for 2-stroke, that would take some fancy working (pipe floor would be a huge challenge with it already built).

CHV69 05-29-2007 08:24 PM

Okay thanks.
I favor the OS 1.40 for my powerplant.

Does the Impact have a chin cowl simmilar to the Integral? Is access to the inside of the plane similar to the integral? The pipe floor for the integral was managable. Would installing the pipe floor in the impact be similar to that?

A guy I fly with has one and I really like it. He is using an OS 1.60 in his. Plenty of power for the Impact.
How about something like a Saito 1.80? I have one of them in the hanger

Carl

ram_z 05-30-2007 04:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all

I am working on my new ZN scheme Integral,
I know all about the risks when using ball links so I will use Dubro Safety Lock Kwik Link.
What kind and size of pushrods is recommended for ailerons and elevator?

Thanks in advance

Ram

rgreen24 05-30-2007 07:42 AM

Hey Jason, I will be at the Nats with my Integral, and with the AXI 5330/F3A, I have never once gone to full power, even on windy days. The Integral and AXI seems to work very well together. For anyone thinking of getting this plane, it has my stamp of approval; not that it means much:D

mups53 05-30-2007 08:08 AM

I'll be there with you Robert. I have to put the building on the fast track. I'll have the AXI setup in mine also. Sold all the IC stuff after flying the AXI in my Snow modified Impact. Awesome power and reliability! Mike

darkvader 05-30-2007 08:14 AM

Hi

What is the Integral final weight with AXI? What Lipos are using?

rgreen24 05-30-2007 05:52 PM

I was 3 ounces over with the 5000 extreme batteries. I can save 2 ounces by buying a new wing tube, and change the landing gear. However I am very happy with the 3850 I am using right now, and I am at 10lbs, 12 oz.

awat65 05-30-2007 11:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my plane. Hacker C50-14Xl, Opto 77 controller, Thunder power 4200, APC 20X15
weight 10 pounds 3 ounces. No special mods, all stock.

cchariandy 05-31-2007 09:54 AM

I have not yet seen a flight test report with the OS140 engine.

How does the OS pull this airplane?

What class has it been flown in with the OS?

How is the speed and speed control with the three blade prop? Have any other props been used and what has been the experience with them?

What's the total weight and how much fuel will be needed for Masters and FAI patterns?

The ZN gear looks different from the COMP ARF gear. Which is prefered?

The rudder deflection looks very limited. How does this impact snap performance?

Colin

MHester 05-31-2007 10:00 AM

This plane is NOT lacking on rudder authority!!!! Snap performance is fine. I had the pleasure of flying Ryan's last month. It is a very good plane!

It is an FAI level plane, one of the best out there for the F patterns especially. You breathe on the rudder, it moves.

It's not as affected by wind as most other planes of this size. It's a pretty well thought out design actually. The one I flew had an OS 160...no power issues at all, and the downlines were very tame.

I know Jason likes his, but he could fly a trainer and whip most of us. I just thought I'd give a more "mortal" perspective.

-Mike

CHV69 05-31-2007 12:33 PM

Colin, The Os 1.40 will do anything you want with the plane. It will pull vertical from a hover with power to spare.
I am using a repitched APC 15.75 x 13 three blade. Repitched to 10
The final weight with the carbon fiber canopy is 9.5 lb.
Fuel to do masters may require a 20 oz fuel tank.
I have flown the plane 20 or so flights and have only need to mix the rudder to up elevator. Also a slight amount of down elevator to Throttle back For improved down lines.

You will need an extra high rise header from Karl Mueller tto clear the firewall.

Carl

cchariandy 06-01-2007 10:58 AM

Great, thanks for the updates. I will be ordering one pretty soon....what's the delivery like?

Colin.

CHV69 06-01-2007 11:00 AM

Jason would know better than me.

Carl

ram_z 06-01-2007 01:05 PM

my ZN scheme took 4 month.....[&o]

elmer 06-01-2007 02:48 PM

ORIGINAL: ram_z

Is that the standard delivery for anything from ZN_line. Even when you place an order and they tell you 1 month[:-]

ram_z 06-01-2007 03:01 PM

ORIGINAL: elmer

ORIGINAL: ram_z

Is that the standard delivery for anything from ZN_line. Even when you place an order and they tell you 1 month[:-]
NO!!
My friend ordered the ARC kit and waited form December till two weeks ago [:@]

cchariandy 06-01-2007 08:46 PM

Jason, can you chime in.....what's the delivery time on an ARC all white version?

Colin

elmer 06-01-2007 10:02 PM

Sorry, but it is my personal experience that ZN line take months longer to deliver than the few weeks promised at time of ordering. And their cusomer service is the worst I have ever come across

I wish I were joking but I am not

cchariandy 06-02-2007 10:10 PM

What's the experiance like with Comp ARF?

Delivery time, quality of the kits, quality of the packaging during shipment, etc.

Colin.

elmer 06-02-2007 11:44 PM

I ordered my Integral in early January and took delivery in early Feb. I cannot fault the service and delivery I got. There was a little bit of damage to the belly pan and I sent an e-mail with photos and immediately recieved notification from Jason that a replacement would be shipped FOC. I recieved this a few weeks later. I am very happy with the quality with the exception of a few of the paint edges not being clean. I have yet to fly mine, hope to soon. Compared with my recent experiences with dealing direct with ZN line on some other parts I would not reccomend them for keeping there word on delivery times and as I said before, there customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.

I would recommend anyone to order through Comp ARF.

Elmer