RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   2007 F3A World Championships (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/6565897-2007-f3a-world-championships.html)

bla bla 11-07-2007 02:04 PM

RE: 2007 F3A World Championships

It's been a while since the last posts so I'm lacking info'
Has CPLR won it yet? Brother second?
Wast the gen'

Gregg G 11-07-2007 02:07 PM

Is there really only one Matt flying this year?

AC Glenn 11-07-2007 02:55 PM

The contest does not start for a couple more days... And Roland Matt is not competing this year due to a new job at the bank he works at.

flywilly 11-07-2007 03:50 PM

...yet his dad hasn't missed a WC since '69 or '71. Clearly, he does not have his priorities in order ;)

Go USA!!

burtona 11-07-2007 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: flywilly

...yet his dad hasn't missed a WC since '69 or '71. Clearly, he does not have his priorities in order ;)

Go USA!!
Wolfgang is my hero!
To be able to fly at such a high level for so long is amazing.

Aresti-RCU 11-07-2007 04:58 PM

Weather conditions are expected to deteriorate for the next couple of days (check [link=http://www.smn.gov.ar/?mod=pron&id=4&provincia=Santa%20Fe&ciudad=Santa%2 0Fe]this link[/link]) just in time for the starter...too bad....

xcead 11-07-2007 05:48 PM

seems that saturday will be OK....lets pray !!!

xalm04 11-07-2007 07:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, Wolfgang Matt was at Esperanza field today. Had problems with bearings in his Hacker so he changed it and flew only once. Nice flight however, considering the strong wind at 90 degrees. Switzerland and Austria teams were also for their first practice day. Here some photos.

Jon Wold 11-08-2007 01:56 AM

I don't know if it's the proper form to guess the standings before they start but blabla is on to something - With Roland Matt not competing I think CPLR will be champ once again but the question is what will happen to Onda, BPLR and of course the young Gerhard Mayr from Austria? Anyone care to guess the top three or even the top ten? Here's my guess: http://jonwold.blogspot.com/2007/11/...rting-now.html

bla bla 11-08-2007 06:30 AM

Interesting list JW.
What with QQ at nr.10?
Is there something I (and all the americans) don't know?

Jeff Boyd 2 11-08-2007 06:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Jon Wold

I don't know if it's the proper form to guess the standings before they start but blabla is on to something - With Roland Matt not competing I think CPLR will be champ once again but the question is what will happen to Onda, BPLR and of course the young Gerhard Mayr from Austria? Anyone care to guess the top three or even the top ten? Here's my guess: http://jonwold.blogspot.com/2007/11/...rting-now.html
It will be VERY interesting . . and as with most Pattern competitions . . who really knows ??

Would expect Onda to be a strong contender (after '05) . . and Steph Carrier could do well this year . .

Jeff Boyd 2 11-08-2007 06:41 AM

ORIGINAL: bla bla

Interesting list JW.
What with QQ at nr.10?
Is there something I (and all the americans) don't know?
Yes . . he probably wished he had his BRIO . . :D

flywilly 11-08-2007 08:31 AM

IF wind is a factor and the E-machines struggle a bit it could have an 'impact' on equipment choice in the future. It will certainly put more pressure on improvements to electric power systems. I'm just glad I don't have to judge. I suspect it will be difficult to discern much difference between the top 10-15 pilots!

patternrules 11-08-2007 08:42 AM

I would think Andrew Jesky will do well even though it is his first worlds, he's flying very well just look at scores from the Nat's if Jason didn't win the last round Andrew would have won the Nat's.
Steve Maxwell

piroflip2 11-08-2007 09:19 AM

ORIGINAL: burtona

ORIGINAL: flywilly

Go USA!!
Wolfgang is my hero!
To be able to fly at such a high level for so long is amazing.

Agreed,,,,,,,,,,,,pity Hanno can't make a comeback.

AC Glenn 11-08-2007 09:28 AM

QuiQue is looking very solid and Andrew and Jason are in the same boat... All three will be in the finals.

mups53 11-08-2007 10:42 AM

Pilots from the US have more domestic competition than any other country. It is a system that has and still does produce many of the worlds best. This years US Nats was very competitive and we have an extremely strong team that is void of a lot of baggage that may have hurt us in the past. If you look at the WC records the US teams have won more championships than any other. It's quite possible that they will fair very well. Either way I hope that the WC's are enjoyed by all and the judging is not biased. Good luck to all the pilots and teams. Mike Mueller

flyncajun 11-08-2007 10:50 AM

Wind is no longer a factor for electrics
however ,, do I dare Guess at the outcome
here is my Guess
Onda
CPLR
QQ
Jason
BPLR
who knows from here.
I would like to say Andrew can make the Finals But I`m not sure how he will be recieved
he is flying good and should be in the top 10 but he is a fresh face on the world stage

W Matt will not make the finals his flying is really getting poor. I do respect what he has done for the hobby and his past ability But his time is past

Chad N will be in the finals this year for the first time ,,, or at least a warm up pilot ,

Bryan

Drojasf3a 11-08-2007 10:51 AM

Excelente Foto Xavier, me contenta mucho que todos esten bien y practicando full yo logre hablar ayer en la noche con Alejandro y Tuny y estan practicando muchisimo no me dieron detalles del campo donde volaban pero que todo muy bien , bueno espero que la sigan pasando de lo mejor mis intenciones son estar alla para semana entrante pero se me a complicado un poco aqui el trabajo y no puedo confirmar nada aun

Un Abrazo y les deseo mucho Exito a todos

Daniel Rojas
Caracas Venezuela

AC Glenn 11-08-2007 11:22 AM

Im with bryan on that one except I think Andrew will make the Finals...It will still be between QuiQue, Cplr, and Onda.

rcpattern 11-08-2007 11:56 AM

I'm curious to see how well QQ's new bipe is received. The plane has a weird presentation in the air. Even when flown well, I don't think it presents near as nicely as some of the other planes out there. I would really like to see Andrew in the finals. I'm sure he will be flying well enough, once again, interesting to see how he is received on a world stage. This might be his first WC's, but he has done several demo's out of the country and his name is very well recognized which I'm sure will benefit him. Jason could be a contender if he is flying as well at the WCs as he was at the NATS. He put in some very impressive flights at the NATS.

Arch

Derek.Koopowitz 11-08-2007 01:22 PM

It is interesting to see people write about name recognition - this is not a judging criteria. Scores should be based on the precision/quality of the flight - period. When Onda flew at the WC last time he was an unknown outside Japan and finished 2nd - not too many people outside Japan see any of the Japanese pilots fly but they score very well.

flyncajun 11-08-2007 02:33 PM

Derek
Onda was not an unknown flier, he was well know to be being groomed by Naruki
in fact, one of the reason Mr Naruki was selected to judge was due to the fact that they thought if Naruki was not calling for Onda
CPLR would have a greater chance to win.
he might not have been well known in the US But was very well known every where else
One of The 05 W/C organizers told this to Brian Clemons and I with no thought of regret or embarassment
also this same organizer told me that any judge who scored zero`s to CPLR at the previos Worlds
was not selected to be a judge at that event
the selection of judges have a great impact on the outcome
just look at the judge selection at this years worlds
it`s just like picking a jury in a murder trial
although we try to keep bais out of the Criteria,,,
it`s Pie in the sky ,, a very good goal ,But the finer points at the world level "every thing" is an influence
so Yeah I think being an unkown makes a difference to the way your scored
this is not the US ,,, and everybody even the Judges have favorites
My favorite is Team USA :D
can`t wait for the start...
Bryan

Gringo Flyer 11-08-2007 02:36 PM

Any update on the weather? I sure hope it cooperates for next week.

We plan on heading down tomorrow and hopefully catch some afternoon flights.

Kimmo Kaukoranta 11-08-2007 03:06 PM

When Onda flew at the WC last time he was an unknown outside Japan and finished 2nd

Onda was not an unknown flier, he was well know to be being groomed by Naruki
Just a small correction guys, Onda already flew at the 2003 WC in Poland where he placed 4th. So he certainly was not unknown outside Japan at the last WC in 2005.

Best of luck for all teams, especially our scandinavian friends Ola and David!