RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   2007 F3A World Championships (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/6565897-2007-f3a-world-championships.html)

MHester 11-08-2007 03:29 PM

RE: 2007 F3A World Championships

1 Attachment(s)
This just in:

New head judge flown in to judge european snaps and spins!!!

News at 11........

MHester 11-08-2007 03:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now: A rare look inside the European judges training class....

LOL

flyncajun 11-08-2007 03:55 PM

STOP IT MIKE MY SIDE HURTS
I also here it told around the guys who know, that the "Easter Bunny" Judging school was also held at that class ,
they will be juging the end manuvers :)
Bryan

Nickolas 11-08-2007 03:56 PM

Hi,

I have recorded some flights of Chip Hyde performing snaps during his P07 schedule in Cyprus F3A Open, his snaps were the definition without exageration. In fact according to what I saw other pilots such as W.Matt, Seba and M.Zeiner did not perform snaps with visible break like Hyde. This is a comment about snaps and not the rest of manouvres they performed. I will try to post a brief video on YouTube.

Regarding the US Team participants, I would say that in such an event the experience and skills of pilots like C.Hyde would help the team a lot but ok he did not qualify in the trials. I consider Chip to be at the same calibre as CPLR, Matt, Seba, QQ and JAS. We have to remember that these guyss are the pioneers in this hobby so it is good to see them competing in events like this.

Thanks,

Nikos

Nickolas 11-08-2007 03:58 PM

MHester 11-08-2007 03:58 PM

;)

It's a joke guys. I've never seen any of the Europeans fly in person, I'm just having some fun.

-Mike

flywilly 11-08-2007 04:14 PM

MIke,
you weren't opening a can of worms were you.....:D:D
Hmmmm wasn't there a certain judge at a recent WC who gave all his countrymen 10s?? Nah, couldn't be; maybe I was thinking of Olympic figure skating...

MHester 11-08-2007 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think that was this guy......

:D

-M

Rune 11-08-2007 04:36 PM

I think Mike are sorry that the real santa is from Norway!!!
yes you heard right ...the only real Nisse (santa) is a norwegian!!!
hehehe

Nickolas 11-08-2007 04:47 PM

Final Question: Do you know why Santa as we know him wears red clothes etc?

Ans: Because it is a marketing promo of an American bevarage product (CC) during the early stages of its launch. If this brand was colour coded with green colours Santa may have worn green clothes.

This is a fact and you can translate it in many ways...:) withoutt giving political meaning of course...:)

My US and European friends always remember..."You give a little of love and all comes back to you...lalalala";)

Best regards,

Nikos

MHester 11-08-2007 04:56 PM

Yep, Coca Cola...when it actually had cocaine in it. Maybe that's why the red cheeks?

LOL

-M

Mastertech 11-08-2007 04:57 PM

BAH HUMBUG !!!!!!!

swlarcham 11-08-2007 07:52 PM

ORIGINAL: MHester

Yep, Coca Cola...when it actually had cocaine in it. Maybe that's why the red cheeks?

LOL

-M
Owning a downtown corner drugstore that originally had a soda fountain, in the same location since 1909, I've got some of that here in the store still today. :D NO it is NOT for sale !!

Eddie

Doug Cronkhite 11-08-2007 08:08 PM

I find it absolutely disgusting that a judge at the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS would judge any other way than directly from the FAI guide book. That somehow who you are should make a difference in any conceivable way. Worse, it seems people accept this as being OK for some reason. The person who flies the best should win, regardless of who they are, how many judges know their name, or what country they're from.

xalm04 11-08-2007 08:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today US team were at Esperanza field. After the rain I saw their practice and they are a really solid team, excellent flying and perfect cooperation among the team, I hope all 3 make to the finals. In fact they have time to help others like our team, and copiloted Pablo Kuri from Ecuador. All delegations are here now, late afternoon arrived Netherlands, Russia, Surinam, Brazil and Singapure. Weather is changing again, I think wind is coming back.... Here some photos.

flyintexan 11-08-2007 10:44 PM

Xavier,

Thank you for the reports and the pictures. Keep them coming!

Good to see a shot of the US Team practicing together.

Mike,
my sides hurt..:)

-mark

bwick 11-08-2007 10:51 PM

Now Andrew is wearing shoes and Jason has the flip flops on! Is Andrew that nervous? :P

But, what's Quique wearing?

-Brett (asking the important questions)

P.S. - Good luck to the team, looking forward to hearing results. You guys will be awesome.

MTK 11-08-2007 11:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Doug Cronkhite

I find it absolutely disgusting that a judge at the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS would judge any other way than directly from the FAI guide book. That somehow who you are should make a difference in any conceivable way. Worse, it seems people accept this as being OK for some reason. The person who flies the best should win, regardless of who they are, how many judges know their name, or what country they're from.
The judges the US has sent to the WC over many past WC's have not subscribed to that judging method. From Ron Chidgey's day 'til present. Ron had considerable influence in Judge training at the WC level, and the modern FAI rule book as it exists today and he has always stood for fair play and no halo in Judging. Other countries have their own interpretations of the same rule book and may Judge a bit differently.

However, what is a WC Host Committee to do?? They are required by FAI regulation to accept many judges who are sole representatives of their respective countries and occasionally have to disregard the Judge's credentials. Honestly, I don't believe that many Judges at the WC play favorites (although there is some precedent for it)..... I tend to think that different countries interpret the Regulations differently than we do.

Here in the US we are quite blessed with some fine flying talent and several excellent Judges, yet only one of us Judges gets to go. Personally , I would be in favor of allowing the top 2 or 3 Judges from each of the previous WC top 5 countries to go.

One could argue the point 'til the cows come home but in the end, the current approach is a reasonable and reasonably fair for all pilots

MattK

bla bla 11-09-2007 08:37 AM

Nice to see the boys across the pond have having a laugh at the infinitly superiour and lets just remind them, world beating Euro snap.
But on a more serious note, with so much class Euro/Far Eastern talent, will the Americans even get a look in?

grcourtney 11-09-2007 08:42 AM

Bet money on it!!!!!

gary

artistic-aero 11-09-2007 08:44 AM

Wow, joking or not you Americans certainly know how to put the needle in! Is this preparation incase an American does not win? Why not create your own version of flying/sport that nobody else follows then you can be World Champions every year! (Wait... hang on...)

My country has little chance in this but at least I can claim we invented RC. Didn't we invent everything anyway? Or was that ruled the world. Once. :)

I say good luck to all and lets hope the profile of RC and especially Pattern Flying is raised so all can enjoy it a little more.

johnp1 11-09-2007 09:17 AM

Oh oh:eek: here we go again, even before we start ,last time Chip thought all the judges were French speaking, the draw was rigged and the scoring system was tampered with.

Anyone remember this one
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_32...10/key_/tm.htm

JohnP1

MHester 11-09-2007 09:23 AM

Hey I'm just bored and having some fun waiting on things to get started :D

I wish ALL the teams the best of luck, and best of luck to the judges too. I would be hard pressed to judge that field.

The American team is pretty focused...there may be a couple of suprises there.

Dangit you guys made me get serious. Enough of that!

-M

johnp1 11-09-2007 09:26 AM

Hi Mike, I know, me too, it's just so boring not being there.......

rwlewis 11-09-2007 10:11 AM

Alright....Flame suit on....Y'all started it, but here's my take...[>:]

Excuuuuuuse me...those are CLEARLY NOT flip-flops that JAS is wearing, they are sandals. Please get it right!!

Flip-Flops have the little v-shaped thing that goes between the big and middle toes...:D

Richard