RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   Construction Video of Black Magic (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/9387938-construction-video-black-magic.html)

Don Szczur 01-04-2010 11:31 PM

Construction Video of Black Magic

1 Attachment(s)
I have a 22 segment (and counting) video of the Black Magic construction (fuselage at this point). If there is interest from anyone that is contemplating building this plane, I can burn the video segments on to a DVD.

Regards,
Don

frequent flyer 01-05-2010 12:47 AM

RE: Construction Video of Black Magic

Hi Don

I bought one over a year ago and got about 2/3 through the build. It would be great to see your video!

DRC1 01-05-2010 11:35 AM

Don, This would be great...Have a BMVF3 in the wife's closet waiting for me to get started. I need to finish a few other projects first.

ppljr 01-06-2010 10:18 AM

I've got one on order. Definitely be interested.

Don Szczur 01-06-2010 09:58 PM

Wow! Based on the e-mails I've been getting it sounds like the answer is yes! What you see in the table is all I've got done so far to date. I plan to get a lot done over the next couple of weekends which should throw it over the center of mass for value to those building. I'm checking on what it will take to get the files converted, indexed, and on to a DVD. I like the idea of keeping it simple so it can get it out to those who are in the works. Will keep you posted.

Regards,
Don

Robbidos 01-06-2010 10:01 PM

Hey Don,

If you want to, I can host them for you for downloads.  Let me know.

Atlanta 60 01-07-2010 08:47 AM

I would defiantly be interested!! That's Awesome!!

MarkGrabowski 01-08-2010 06:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Robbidos

Hey Don,

If you want to, I can host them for you for downloads. Let me know.
Don, I agree that hosting them on a website would be far more convenient than dvd...
But not everyone has a high speed internet connection so shipping the dvd option should probably be kept open.

Doug Cronkhite 01-08-2010 07:35 PM

For giggles Don.. take all those clips and mix them together into a high-speed "Time Lapsed" video showing the entire construction in 2-3 minutes.. :)

Don Szczur 01-10-2010 09:28 PM

OK, After some thoughts on how to best do this for those who responded, rather than waiting, here is the deal.

For those building that want a quick "get you started" version which covers the 22 steps above, $11 plus $4 shipping and handling will cover my wife's time copying the files on to DVD and mailing them out. [email protected] she prefers paypal. The format is avi files which can be viewed on most computer picture and video viewers. This video should cut your fuselage framing time between 25% and 75% if this is your first VF3 build.

This is a "KISS" video. It is not professionally shot, or edited. My camera man is 9 years old. But the content is good. It really shows how easy it is to frame a fuselage with no jigs, no special tools, and, (with one exceptions), no measuring whatsoever. Its totally built using the laser cut parts only to assemble it together with minimum effort.

In 6-8 weeks (or whenever I get around to finishing it) I'll do a full up video, professionally edited and indexed. Its just that some want it now to get started since we are in the "heat" of the building season, or are looking for a catalyst to get them started building.

Regards,
Don

P.S. Please tell my wife you want the "Uncut Black Magic DVD"

computermonkey 12-21-2018 10:26 AM

Was wondering if this DVD is still available or if someone has one for sell? I did send an email (hotmail) that was posted for Don above.

Don Szczur 02-16-2019 07:17 AM

Believe it or not, I still have a video for the build of this aircraft. PM me you address and I'll connect my wife for sending to you small fee to cover shipping and handling (wife's business).

Don

computermonkey 02-16-2019 10:36 AM

Hi Don, she has all ready contacted me. Thank you.

dhal22 02-17-2019 02:46 PM

This plane was quite the discussion years ago at our club (GMA). The builder/designer? lived over in Marietta Ga I think.

flywilly 02-18-2019 01:23 PM

Mike Hester was the designer and kit manufacturer originally. The Black Magic actually originated from the Typhoon 2000 which Mike modified into the Tempest and subsequently the Black Magic. Mike was working on a new 2 meter airplane (V4 or new design) and a 110 sized version of the BM VF3 when he 'retired' from competitive flying and the kit business. Too bad as his Black Magic VF3 was ahead of its time.