Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

64k campac question

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 06:12 AM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 64k campac question

I have several models programmed on my 64k campac. This is used on a futaba 9C. Yesterday, I inserted it in a friends Futaba 8UAP in order to transfer a model from my campac to his radio. On insertion, it asked "init campac" and I hit YES...the radio started beeping for abt 31 seconds..and when it stopped...everything seemed to have been erased...there were 32 empty model memories. What did I do wrong?

I am paranoid now. Have I lost all my programming? Will I get back the memory when I insert it in my 9C again? Any way to revert to old status?
Old 07-29-2003, 06:20 AM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You initialized or formatted the flash. Don't do anything else to the flash card and call Futaba. Depending upon what the format does, they might know a way to get the data back, but I'm pretty sure it is impossible to recover the data as it has been cleared. Sorry.

As for wrong... I don't think you can transfer from the 8U to 9C via flash, but I could be wrong.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:12 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Once a CamPac has been initialized, everthing is zeroed. Any data on it has been lost.

It is not possible to transfer data between an 8U and a 9C. There are enough differences to require a different storage format.
Old 07-30-2003, 04:38 AM
Ragz

geez...back to re doing them all again...stupid me....
Old 08-05-2003, 05:58 AM
Ragz

I switched my 9cap thinking that without the campac all the model memory would have gone...but all the model memories were intact. This is WITHOUT CAMPAC. It had all the 8 models in memory. When I inserted the 64k campac, it asked for initiliazation. I chose NO...so campac is not installed...and I can only see 8 models memory. If I choose YES to initialize, will I loose the memory from the radio? How does this thing work?
Old 08-05-2003, 10:51 AM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

Your just initializing the campac not the radio's main memory. In your documentation it tells you the futaba 9c uses a longer bit format than the 8u and they are not transferable
Old 08-05-2003, 04:20 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Ok, I'm lost...

So you have an 8 model memory WITHOUT the campac, so the campac is used only for additional models beyond the "stock" 8?
Old 08-05-2003, 06:51 PM
SMALLFLY-

YEP
Old 08-06-2003, 04:33 AM
Ragz

so once i initialize the campac, do the radio "8" load on to the campac? or do they stay on the radio eprom or wahtever? My basic purpose is to share my model programming with friends etc. Is this possible if i stick to 9c or 9z radios?
Old 08-06-2003, 11:33 AM
SMALLFLY-

OK think of the campac as a blank floppy disk you insert into your computer. It needs to be formatted in order to store data and it will accept files if you transfer files to it or write directly to it. It does not go out and copy files on its own. The original 8 stay in the radio, do not transfer to the campac unless you do a model copy, say copy model 2 to model 10 for example. It is my understanding that you would be able to model copy between like radios, ie 9c to 9c but not unlike radios ie 8u to 9c