Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9C and Hitec Spectra 2.4 Module

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 12:18 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9C and Hitec Spectra 2.4 Module

Maybe this is old news, but I just learned about it this past weekend and was curious if others use this combination and how well does it work, any problems, etc.

The Hitec Spectra 2.4GHz Module fits and works on Futaba's 9C Radio, the nice thing about it is the pricing; to convert a Futaba 9C to 2.4GHz using the Futaba 2.4 Module costs you $160 which includes ONE 7 Channel 2.4 RX; however, if you went with the Hitec Spectra 2.4 Module which fits perfectly, you can buy it for $115 and it includes TWO 6 Channel 2.4 RXs; the other thing to consider is that the Futaba version has the 2.4 antenna placed on the back of the module, whereas the Hitec version's antenna plugs into the hole that the Metal telescoping 72MHz antenna went, I don't know about you, but the antenna placement on the back of the Module is goofy; one other point I noticed was the prices of RXs, Futaba 6 Channel RX = $60 vs Hitec 6 Channel RX = $50; a little late for me now, I have a Futaba 10C Intergrated 2.4 Radio.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:51 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba 9C and Hitec Spectra 2.4 Module

ORIGINAL: dasintex
Maybe this is old news, but I just learned about it this past weekend and was curious if others use this combination and how well does it work, any problems, etc.
The Hitec Spectra 2.4GHz Module fits and works on Futaba's 9C Radio, the nice thing about it is the pricing; to convert a Futaba 9C to 2.4GHz using the Futaba 2.4 Module costs you $160 which includes ONE 7 Channel 2.4 RX; however, if you went with the Hitec Spectra 2.4 Module which fits perfectly, you can buy it for $115 and it includes TWO 6 Channel 2.4 RXs; the other thing to consider is that the Futaba version has the 2.4 antenna placed on the back of the module, whereas the Hitec version's antenna plugs into the hole that the Metal telescoping 72MHz antenna went, I don't know about you, but the antenna placement on the back of the Module is goofy; one other point I noticed was the prices of RXs, Futaba 6 Channel RX = $60 vs Hitec 6 Channel RX = $50; a little late for me now, I have a Futaba 10C Intergrated 2.4 Radio.
Spectra Pro 2.4Ghz iscompatible with other Module Type Transmitters that use the same Futaba/Hitec module shape/size/pin slots. e.g.: Futaba
5UAF, 5UAP, 7UAF,7UAFS, 7UAP,7UAPS, 7UHF,7UHFS, 7UHP,7UHPS
8UAF, 8UAFS, 8UAP, 8UAPS, 8UHF,8UHFS,8UHP, 8UHPS
(8FGA, 8FGH as non-module radios can not be accomodated).
9CA, 9CH, 9CAPS, 9CAFS, 9CHPS, 9CHFS ,10CH, 10CA
(10CAG or 10CHG as non-module radios can not be accomodated).

Following may assist:
Spectra Pro Antenna Mast Fitting to other than Aurora TX.
Spectra Pro Antenna Mast DIY Remote TX Mounting for 2.4GHz Antenna (Dual Std & 2.4)

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 10-08-2010, 04:08 PM
geneh-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been flying the Hitec 2.4 module in my 9C for a few months now in a Raptor 50 helicopter and In a plane as well. It has been great! I was not sure about changing over to 2.4 because of all of the problems that I have read about. This was a good cheap way to check out 2.4. I liked the Hitec 2.4 so much that I bought a new Aurora 9 and I love this radio!

Old 10-09-2010, 09:30 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Hitec Spectra module will install in pretty much any radio that uses the Futaba style module. I installed one in a Futaba 8uap transmitter. That's when I realized just how limited those older transmitters really are.

About the price, the module is basically free. You can buy two 9 channel receivers and a module for $199, which is what two receivers normally costs.

I'll be using a 9C with a module as a backup to my Aurora, it's a cheap way to get into this technology.

TF