Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Sullivan Glow Driver

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 09:22 PM
cwoodjr
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sullivan Glow Driver

HI All, say I have a problem with my on-board Sullivan glow driver. Hope you can help. I have about Four on-board single drivers from Sullivan; all are for one glow plug. I have no problems with any of the single Sullivan drivers. I just received a new Twin driver for my Saito Twin 60. I think that all is set up right. I went over and over this and cannot figure it out. The driver will not keep the two plugs hot. I have a 1500mah 4.8 volt pack that is wired right into the driver with the supplied Dean’s coupler. The supplied ground wire is mounted solid to the engine. I did put a dean’s disconnect on the ground wire. And I did change the plug ends to a different type. I did this on all of my other single Sullivan drivers with no problems. What do you think is going on? Thanks for your help
Old 10-05-2010, 06:51 AM
JIMF14D

Default RE: Sullivan Glow Driver

I don't know much about them but I do know that a guy at our field spent at least a month last year trying to get one to work with a twin and gave up after getting one or two replacements from Sullivan and trying various size batteries.. Idon't know what brand he ended up buying. He had it on a C-130 with two Saito 30s Ithink they were.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:58 PM
cwoodjr
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: Sullivan Glow Driver

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have spent several hours of working on the driver and several phone calls trying to figure out what is going on with all the Sullivan Glow Drivers. There are several problems with the driver and some are not very clear in the instruction. I have about 5 drivers and all are Sullivan and all work fine now. The problems very but I’m convinced that I finally got it figured out. If you know someone having a problem direct them to me and I am sure that I can help them. Thanks again for your reply.