Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Push button Micro Switches

Old 11-02-2010, 08:05 PM
MX240
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Push button Micro Switches

I would like to find a place where I can buy a push button (snap Roll) switch for a new radio I have.
The ones like on JR 9303-Jr10 transmitters. The upper left hand ones.
I have tried Horizon to buy a switch....but they will not sell me the switch alone.
I went to the local Radio Shack and they are too cheap sounding. Need a micro switch type.
Jim
Old 11-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Campgems

Default RE: Push button Micro Switches

Jim, is this going to be used on the TX on plane. The radio shack switches will probably do just fine if it is going on the TX, not much vibes there until things go bad with the flight. If you are going to use it for something likeservo driven switch, then I would look for Limit Switches from a source like Digikey or some of the CNC suppliers on Ebay. You will need to know the configuration of the switch, IESPDT, SPST DPDT, etc. and if you want a momentary or transfer switch.

If you told us your actual application, you will get a more precise answer.

Don
Old 11-02-2010, 09:46 PM
MX240

Yes it will be used on my transmitter. I now have a Futaba 14Z and miss my JR type, snap roll button for spins and really miss my tall flat sided gear switch up there on the top left side.
Jim
Old 11-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Campgems

Jim, your best bet is digi key http://www.digikey.com/. Be prepared for a long search, they have just about everything. Iwould open the case and see what kind of real estate you have under the switch locations for your switches. Most push button switches have a button top and a standard switch under the covers. You may have to do some surgery on the case to get one to fit. You will basically want to use the same switch mode as the trainer/snap roll switch now on the14Z, assuming it is the same general layout as the 9C and 10C radios.

You have an aggressive project. Let us knowhow you make out.

Another though, and I don't know if they are compatible, would be to buddy boxyour comfortable JR to your 14Z. Naw, that probably wouldn'twork as the Futaba uses the trainer and snap roll onthe sameswitch, and the trainer would need to be active for the JRto work. Nix this idea.

One last thought, check with Radio south to see if they will sell youa switch that will work.They may even have a back room mod. Just a though.

Don

Corrected soem rellie bad spliing errors.

Don
Old 11-03-2010, 09:04 AM
MX240

Good ideas Don. I never though of my old friends at Radio South.
Will try the internet search first.
Heck, I may even come across o old unused JR transmitter to rob. Will take my own 9303 & JR 10 (I still use them on 72) apart to see if they would work in the the new "F". Goodness I sure don't want to send this outfit back to Futaba service department to have this done...maybe??
Thanks
Jim