Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Why Futaba does not offer BNF?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 07:26 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Why Futaba does not offer BNF?????

ORIGINAL: aeajr

the TxR planes are pretty cheap and look like a lot of fun. The module is free till April. I would say buy one, get the module and try it. If it doesn't work, just put in your own receiver and go fly.
Excellent suggestion!
Old 02-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the new micro F-86 and an Any-Link module to demo. Can't wait to get it int he air!! Totally cool looking little EDF!!
Old 02-16-2012, 06:20 PM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

We just reviewed the F-86 and the AnyLink hoisted on a JR 11X and it was flawless!! In the story (March issue), we talk about Hobbico facing cost issues trying to do a BNF on the Futaba signal. Too expensive to produce the micro receivers. This is a better solution, IMO.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:17 PM
frivera12

Saw the TX-R F-86 at the local flying club, it worked great. Imight be ordering one soon.....
Old 05-08-2012, 10:42 AM
dribbe

ORIGINAL: rich6170

Gentlemen;
Somewhere in this thread the point was made. Spectrum radios as part of the PKZ BNF planes are toys. They are produced as toys and are sold as toys. You can interface the larger spectrum radios to operate these toys but they are still toys. I have many of the PKZ PNP aircraft and they work just fine with the full size 2.4 or 72 Mhz recievers. I fly them as the toys they are. I dont expect the same performance from them as I would a real RC Aircraft.
Futaba Rc Radios are a small part of Futaba and as such not intended as a controller built for a specific component. It is a very high quality controller for a variety of applications.
I have 9 radios to include 3 of the radios that come with the PKZ RTF planes. They came with the toy I bought it with. When I build an RC aircraft I put in a real reciever and operate it with a real controller. I hold their operation to a very much higher standard than that of the toys from PKZ.
Is is a failure of Futaba that they dont produce the circuit board recievers so that they can compete in the level of the industry that PKZ and Spectrum have droped to? As I see it they hold the industry standard and produce the radio systems for the people in the hobby that insist on top quality radio performance for their aircraft.
As it states in the construction manual of every kit I have seen THIS IS NOT A TOY!. Give me a radio that is not a toy. I will take my Futaba 8FG or 7CAP.
Futaba is a company that does not have to produce a toy just to compete.
Just my opinion!

I cannot understand the TOY linkage to BNF/PKZ here as a sweeping generallity.... (and remember, BNF vehicle product NO NOT come with Tx's in any case.)

Aircraft sold as bind n fly are covering the low end to the high end.... Blade mCX2 and Parkzone Vapor and Hobbyzone Super Cub to the PKZ Habu II, Hangar Nine 26CC Taylorcraft and Blade 450X and 500X (with an AR7200BX world class FBL system).
Parkzone aircraft are fine hobby grade products in any case with great technology, digital proportional servos, etc. (One can argue that all model aircraft are toys, but I will not go there)

Transmitters sold for BNF product cover a similar range... from a few short range transmitters to a full selection of Full Range Tx's... MLP4 DSM to DX4E to DX6i, on up to the JR12X and the Spektrum DX18. (Several PKZ RTF product feature the DX4e and DX5e full range Tx's (some UM's have LP radios), all the PKZ BNF aircraft are compatible with the 'serious' DSM2/DSMX transmitters)
One way to look at it.... get your favorite transmitter, or the best one you can afford and fly all your aircraft with it... and you can upgrade later, and still have your aircraft compatible. You can even have a lower end Tx around for the kids, neighbors, and newbies.... or to beat around your car for a quick fix.

BNF even extends to the Phoenix Simulator which is available with a fully functioning and full range DX5e transmitter... and a non Tx version that works with the other open stock SPM and JR BNF transmitters.

This line has all the interoperablility one would expect, top to bottom... and a world class open stock grade protocal. The BNF product interact seemlessly with the Open stock DSM2/DSMX radio product from Spektrum and JR.

Horizon has also offered module systems for the most popular brands for many years! (FLY with YOUR transmitter and a SPM module)

Horizon is generally focused on the DSM2/DSMX protocal accross many brands, and working to not have several uncompatible protocals competing among the BNF type offerings....

Have a look for yourself.... http://bindnfly.com/

To be clear, all the DSM2 and DSMX product are compatible with each other backwords and forwards... (do not fly a big airplane with a LP (unpowered) transmitter )

Hope this helps add some clarity to what BNF is all about.

BNF is a TM of Horizon Hobby, patent pending.

BNF is featured in these Horizon Hobby brands:
Spektrum E-flite Parkzone HobbyZone Hangar9 Blade

and in these distributed brands
JR (DSM) Phoenix

Enjoy!
David
Old 05-08-2012, 12:36 PM
dribbe

-duplicate.... can delete-
Old 05-08-2012, 12:54 PM
dribbe

Paste didn't work....

Just see the Aircraft and Tx's here!
http://bindnfly.com/
Old 07-28-2012, 10:55 AM
frivera12

How popular this TX-R's have been with the flying public???
Old 07-29-2012, 10:37 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TX-R is awesome!

And I see FTR is now moving toward availability in Europe as well. This is for folk who have Futaba radio's and want to purchase an integrated foamie or small electric. I suspet FTR will include larger Great Planes aircraft in future as well. How awesome that would be. The GP quality is amongst the best of the best in the industry
Old 07-29-2012, 11:05 AM
BuschBarber

ORIGINAL: TimBle

TX-R is awesome!

And I see FTR is now moving toward availability in Europe as well. This is for folk who have Futaba radio's and want to purchase an integrated foamie or small electric. I suspet FTR will include larger Great Planes aircraft in future as well. How awesome that would be. The GP quality is amongst the best of the best in the industry
Tx-R uses Tatcic/SLT park flyer Rx's. What protocol will they be using in larger Tx-R aircraft?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:13 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FTR is not Tx-R .FTR is Futaba Transmitter Ready which will be built around FHSS/S-FHSS and perhaps even FASST for larger aircraft.
I.e a GP YAK 55 fitted with a OS GT55 and Futaba radio and servo's or a little Escapde fitted with OS 46AX and Futaba S3004's and R617FS.

Tx-R is a hobbico inhouse technology, FTR is Hobbico / Robbe built around Futaba technology
Old 07-29-2012, 02:26 PM
BuschBarber

FTR is not Tx-R .FTR is Futaba Transmitter Ready which will be built around FHSS/S-FHSS and perhaps even FASST for larger aircraft.
I.e a GP YAK 55 fitted with a OS GT55 and Futaba radio and servo's or a little Escapde fitted with OS 46AX and Futaba S3004's and R617FS.

Tx-R is a hobbico inhouse technology, FTR is Hobbico / Robbe built around Futaba technology
Thanks!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:31 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

TX-R is awesome!

Tx-R uses Tatcic/SLT park flyer Rx's. What protocol will they be using in larger Tx-R aircraft?
TX-R is not for "Park Flyer" type aircraft only. There are full-range models in the TX-R series, too. Planes such as the Flyzone Sensei, Flyzone Switch, Flyzone Cessna Corvallis and FW-190. They are up to 58" in wingspan. NOT your park flyer!

You really need to check them out!

http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplanes.html

Old 10-07-2012, 06:20 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

HHHHMMMmmm. Kinda interesting thread....I an subscribed!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:23 PM
BradSD
My Feedback: (9)

I recently purchased the F-86 ultra micro with the Anylink and it worked perfectly. I then decided to buy a heli and use the anylink with the heli as well. However, I cannot get it to bind to my FutabaEX 2.4. So my question is this, is the Anylink only good for one airplane? Do you have to buy a Anylink to match ever plane or is the Anylink good for multiple aircraft? I have tried ever thing I can think of to bind the anylink to the heli max but no luck. The heli is anylink compatiable by the way.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 AM
frivera12

I think that the Anylink is supposed to work on all TX-R aircraft, just one module and a bunch of airplanes. At least that's the way it was supposed to work. By the way I also ordered the F-86 lets see how it works on my 6 EX 2.4.............
Old 01-07-2013, 08:40 AM
pilotpete2

With the AnyLink system, just like any other 2.4Ghz system, you can have as many individual compatible receivers linked, bound or binded[:-] as you want.
Sounds like a possible problem with the receiver in the heli max.
Pete
Old 01-07-2013, 12:40 PM
BradSD

Thank you, I have decided to return it and switched to a Blade Heli this time.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:36 PM
BradSD

Be aware that my F-86 required a little bit of lead on the nose. The manual says push the battery forward and it would be balanced but I found that it was severly tail heavy that way. It actually flipped up on its back as soon as I gave it a toss. After balancing however the plane flys fantastic for a tiny little micro. Its probably not going 35mph but it looks like 100 LOL
Old 01-08-2013, 06:36 AM
Skaluf

Which helicopter do you have?

Steve

ORIGINAL: BradSD

I recently purchased the F-86 ultra micro with the Anylink and it worked perfectly. I then decided to buy a heli and use the anylink with the heli as well. However, I cannot get it to bind to my FutabaEX 2.4. So my question is this, is the Anylink only good for one airplane? Do you have to buy a Anylink to match ever plane or is the Anylink good for multiple aircraft? I have tried ever thing I can think of to bind the anylink to the heli max but no luck. The heli is anylink compatiable by the way.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:42 PM
BradSD

I changed my mind on the Heli max and went with a Blade Nano CP, it will bind easily with my Spectrum 6i
Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 AM
frivera12

The F-86 worked perfectly. The Any link binded easily with my Futaba 6ex radio. The plane is awesome for its size.....
Old 01-28-2013, 08:47 AM
BradSD

Yes I have since ordered a Heli-Max as well as a Blade. My first Heli-Max was defective becasue this one binded in about one second.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:50 PM
SPADinfluence
My Feedback: (1)

I just made the switch from Futaba to Spektrum. I wanted a smaller park flyer to practice 3D with and the PZ Visionaire was the ticket. My 7C wasn't going to work with it though. So I bought a DX6i and the plane. The thing that sold me was the fact that Futaba 617 receiver is like $90 VS. a AR600 is like $59. A lot of my glow planes are 4 channel, so I can get by with a $30 receiver! That is what sold me. I love my 7C, but it will take a back seat to the new radio I feel. And now when I get a couple spare nickels in my pocket, I can grab a new bind n fly plane from my LHS and go play!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:56 AM
frivera12

Hobbico and the TX-R guys should start offering small 3d or fun planes like the other company. It's nice the scale aircraft they're producing but little fun airplanes are nice too. How adequate is the 1,000 feet range of the any link to fly the Calypso? Is it better to fly it with a full range receiver from your own tx???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.