Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Lower Airtronics Prices

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Pippin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lower Airtronics Prices

SD-10 for just 369$, wow!

The strange thing is, I like the 10ch FHSS-3 Rx on analog servos as much as the FHSS-1 receivers on digitals. But any time, I would opt for the the 10ch Rx combo.

I got the SD-5G as buddy box as well. Nice entry level radio. But if you have the choice, you should get the SD-6G. The SD-6 comes with more features.

Btw, because of Spektrum DSM2/DSMJ problems, JR lost a significant market share to the new SD-10G FHSS in Japan.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:07 PM
stevenmax50
My Feedback: (1)

John you have just found out the worst kept secret in RC. Airtronics is the bomb! I love my rds8000 and for the price I have as many features as anybody else at my field with the higher priced Futabas. Futaba is a nice radio but I think you are paying for the name. Lets see, the actual features I use.....Dual rates, ail and elev expo, multi model memory, stop watch/timer. The only feature I wish my radio had is reciever telemetry to tell me reciever battery voltage. I think the 10 ch has that.
My step son is gonna get the 6ch Airtronics for Xmas to replace his 4 ch fm JR radio on his trainer. Then we will be the only guys at our field with Aitronics buddy box capabilities.
Oh ya....I just got in the 5 ch reciever to put in my 4 ch bipe. Did the bind operation in about 2 minutes.
Welcome to the Airtronics family.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:32 AM
aerofly0610

stevenmax50

the rds8000 only buddies with other RD systems....  if you want to buddy the 6ch you will need another SD system..
Old 11-17-2010, 04:48 PM
MikeGreenshields

A couple of things to note.

This week, we now have in stock 6 channel FHSS3 receivers so if you want the higher performance receiver, you don't have to buy a 10.
RX-631

Receiver 3 packs
All of the receivers for aircraft are now available as 3 packs, which brings down the each-price pretty well. For example the RX500 3 pack is 129.99 (thus the each cost everyday price is 43.33)

There's a new Micro 4 channel 3 gram indoor/park flyer receiver in stock now (RX-40V) just in time for the indoor season.

So, if you're looking at Airtronics, know that the receiver selection is growing and is more affordable than ever before.

All of these items should be showing on the website by Friday
Old 11-17-2010, 05:05 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: MikeGreenshields

This week, we now have in stock 6 channel FHSS3 receivers so if you want the higher performance receiver, you don't have to buy a 10.
RX-631

Receiver 3 packs
All of the receivers for aircraft are now available as 3 packs, which brings down the each-price pretty well. For example the RX500 3 pack is 129.99 (thus the each cost everyday price is 43.33)

There's a new Micro 4 channel 3 gram indoor/park flyer receiver in stock now (RX-40V) just in time for the indoor season.

So, if you're looking at Airtronics, know that the receiver selection is growing and is more affordable than ever before.

Wow! Great news all around. Thanks for the updates, Mike.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:06 PM
aydin3
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: MikeGreenshields

RX-631

Receiver 3 packs

That sounds great Mike Is there anything in plan for Airtronics to have a link up like the Hitec one at all?? Iuse a eagletree to monitor stuff right now but owuld love to get the telemetry back to the Tx someow..I know that there are third party items but would prefer an Airtronics solution as that would be far neater in the long run.

Cheers
Dave Langridge
Old 01-03-2011, 07:30 PM
propstryker

I had an Airtronics 6 channel PCM in the late 1980's. Absolutely rock solid and never a glitch. I am struggling with making a 2.4 decision.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:21 PM
mschulz531

ORIGINAL: propstryker

I had an Airtronics 6 channel PCM in the late 1980's. Absolutely rock solid and never a glitch. I am struggling with making a 2.4 decision.
I had (have) a number of Airtronics 6 channel FM transmitters and receivers from the late 1980's that I'm still using (in a trainer and as a buddy box for said trainer). Having said that, I purchased an RDS8000 last year and over the last year I've purchased 3 compatible receivers (I like the 8 channel receiver). One thing about the 2.4ghz systems that I like is not having to be so concerned about someone else flipping on their radio while my plane is in the air. Another thing I like about 2.4ghz is the model memory and trim settings that get remembered. I also like the control functions (mixing, expo, etc) that the RDS8000 provides (and the SD-10G does even better!). I liked Airtronics when I first got into this hobby and I still like them today...like you said, rock solid.

I'd go with the SD-10G...it will probably be the only radio you'll ever need! And the variety of receivers 5ch, 6ch, 8ch, 10ch at various price points make it less expensive to get the receivers you'll need.

I've got the RDS8000 and I'd love to get an SD-10G this year and save my RDS8000 as a backup and/or buddy box transmitter.

The 2.4ghz systems are just too compelling to pass up, especially given the very reasonable prices of the Airtronics 2.4ghz systems today.

-Mike

Old 01-03-2011, 08:22 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Tower has them for sale and if you have a code, you can get $25 off the price and no cost for shipping. I did.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:01 PM
propstryker

Today they are showing the Airtronics SD-10G as "discontinued" on their website.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:21 PM
mschulz531

Today they are showing the Airtronics SD-10G as "discontinued" on their website.
It is listed multiple times...that listing is for the SD-10G with the 10 ch receiver. Elsewhere they list the SD-10G with the 7ch receiver.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:47 PM
propstryker

You're right. Tower tells me that the listing that I looked at was an old one. $429 for the TX and 7 channel RX.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:48 AM
mschulz531

You're right. Tower tells me that the listing that I looked at was an old one. $429 for the TX and 7 channel RX.
Look at HobbyPeople.net:

SD-10G with 7ch Rx: (out of stock right now) $369
http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...att-sd10g.html

SD-10G with 10ch Rx: (in stock) $429
http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...-sx-sd10g.html
Old 01-06-2011, 08:58 AM
propstryker

I have 1 and 2 pound electrics park flyers, along with large glow and gas planes. What RX do you recommend for the electrics? I have yet to hold a 10G in my hands and have only see pics in ads. It looks like a great looking TX. I really like the smoothness of the gimbals on my Futabas. How are the gimbals on the 10G?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:08 AM
mschulz531

I have 1 and 2 pound electrics park flyers, along with large glow and gas planes. What RX do you recommend for the electrics? I have yet to hold a 10G in my hands and have only see pics in ads. It looks like a great looking TX. I really like the smoothness of the gimbals on my Futabas. How are the gimbals on the 10G?
Unfortunately, I cannot speak directly to the question about the gimbals on the SD10G (yet), but I do know about the receivers:

both of these choices are $49.99 each

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...ge-fhss-1.html
Weight: .33 oz (9.4 g)
Range: full range

or

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...ort-range.html
Weight WITH antenna and case: .21 oz (6g)
Range: approx: 800 feet

For a really light Rx at$59.99:

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...-receiver.html

• Weight : 2.9g (0.10oz)[/list]

*Note:[/b]This is not a full-range reciever

-Mike S.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:22 PM
bigedmustafa

I can speak as to the quality of the gimbals on the SD-10G, they're like butter! You can customize the sticks with regard to tension and height to suit most any pilot, but you can tell they're built from quality components regardless of how you set them up. It's a really wonderful transmitter in every respect.

I own several of the RX60 park flyer receivers (GP Electrifly L-39 Albatross EDF, Thunder Tiger Mini Titan e325 helicopter, and GP Electrifly Tiger Moth). I really like the RX60 myself, but most of my flying buddies just go ahead and use the full range RX500 receiver in their park flyer aircraft. The RX500 is only slightly heavier, and is still plenty small enough to fit into all but the tiniest of foamies. If they want to use the receiver in a different aircraft later, they don't have to worry about the range restriction.

I like using the RX60 for my smaller aircraft because there is so little antenna to worry about placement. It's not like the dual antennas on the RX500 are really any harder to deal with, but on my helicopter in particular, one short anntenna lead was really easy to work with.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:39 PM
propstryker

Man, you guys are great! Thanks for the info. Who can complain about 1/3 ounce on a full range 5 channel RX? It's been so long since I owned an Airtronics that the servos had the old connectors that were Airtronics-only and you had to either solder Futaba/JR/Hitec leads on to them or buy adapters. I assume that the new Airtronics receivers will accomodate Futaba, JR and Hitec? I believe that they are using a more standard or universal plug now.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:48 PM
mschulz531

Man, you guys are great! Thanks for the info. Who can complain about 1/3 ounce on a full range 5 channel RX? It's been so long since I owned an Airtronics that the servos had the old connectors that were Airtronics-only and you had to either solder Futaba/JR/Hitec leads on to them or buy adapters. I assume that the new Airtronics receivers will accomodate Futaba, JR and Hitec? I believe that they are using a more standard or universal plug now.
Actually, it is not Airtronics that is out of sync - it is Futaba. Airtronics Z connectors (which are used on all Airtronics the 2.4ghz receivers) are compatible with JR and Hitec, it is Futaba that is different.

I agree that the 5 channel full range RX is attractive - that's what I'm purchasing for my StevensAero Edge 540. (:>)
-Mike S.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:52 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

My SD-6G arrived from Tower Today. Not bad service for a radio ordered on Monday night. It has a real good feel and the sticks are stiffer than my RDS-8000. I like that. The 6 ch RX that arrived with it is really small. The book seems easy to understand and I'll have something to read with another possible snowstorm on the way. I like it a lot.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:56 PM
otrcman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I attended the AMA hobby show in Ontario, CA yesterday. The Airtronics booth had the SD-10G / 7 channel receiver on sale for $299. I don't think my eyes were playing tricks on me.

My RDS 8000 has performed flawlessly for the past 2 1/2 years and I'd expect the SD's to be of equal quality. The only down side for me on the SD-10G is the thickness of the transmitter. I have relatively small hands and find the grip of the the SD-10G to be cumbersome.

Dick
Old 01-09-2011, 09:02 PM
pault
My Feedback: (34)

hello.....i just bought a sd-6g and i really like it......i can't believe how much radio you get for $159.00.......i have a sd-10g and a rds-8000 also........i never thought i would find a radio that was easier to program then the rd series .....the sd-6g is incredibly simple to program......i didn't have to refer to the manual to set up the first plane....what a joy......i think the one switch for elevator,ailerons and rudder d/r is great......another home run for airtronics.....paul
Old 01-10-2011, 06:00 AM
Pippin

Wow, 299 for the SD-10G 7ch set. That is a real bargin. I would get this set and an extra FHSS-3 Rx combo. Would be nice if Airtronics would offer the 7ch set together with the new 6 or 8ch FHSS-3 Rx.

I had a look at the SD-6G recently. Nice radio, nice price. The sticks and switches have the right quality and feel. I might get one too.