RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Changing shift on JR Transmitter

Old 11-14-2010, 09:15 PM
chistech

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Changing shift on JR Transmitter

I am asking this for a friend who has many planes on 72mhz on many channels. He currently uses a HiTec radio with just 7 model memory, synthesized module, which is negative shift. He needs a transmitter with at least 20 model memory. He likes my JR7202 for it's automatic channel changing when changing models. Is there currently available a 72 mhz negative shift transmitter with at least 20 model memory that can use a synthesized module, used or new? Or, can the shift of a JR transmitter be changed internally to operate negative shift receivers? He does not want to change to 2.4mhz because he has over 60 receivers so that is not an answer I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:26 PM
pilotpete2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Changing shift on JR Transmitter

There are many options. The new Hitec Aurora 9 is available on 72Mhz with a frequency synth module. Futaba radios such as a used 9C would be a consideration, he could use his existing Hitec module in the 9C, also they can use an upgraded Campac module to allow a large number of models to be stored. A Futaba 12FG on 72Mhz would be a killer radio for sure, with built in frequency synth module and memory card for nearly unlimited models.
AFAIK, the JR7202 doesn't have the ability to change to negative shift.
Pete
Old 11-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: chistech

I am asking this for a friend who has many planes on 72mhz on many channels. He currently uses a HiTec radio with just 7 model memory, synthesized module, which is negative shift. He needs a transmitter with at least 20 model memory. He likes my JR7202 for it's automatic channel changing when changing models. Is there currently available a 72 mhz negative shift transmitter with at least 20 model memory that can use a synthesized module, used or new? Or, can the shift of a JR transmitter be changed internally to operate negative shift receivers? He does not want to change to 2.4mhz because he has over 60 receivers so that is not an answer I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.
The Polk Tracker III has 99 model memories, and automatically calls up shift and channel change with the model selection. Polk's Hobby, www.polkshobby.com.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 11-14-2010, 10:50 PM
chistech

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the fast replies. My buddy will check out the Tracker III.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:19 AM
ira d

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

JR radios can not change shift, However depending on what model Hitec he has he can get a synthesized Hitec module for it. For what its worth IMO I would
avoid the Tracker radio.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:38 AM
chistech

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

In my post I put he is already using a synthesized module! I alsoknow a JR cannot change shift easily. That is why I asked if it could be changed internally possibly by a quality radio shop. I believe they make JR's for the European market that are negative shift but I might be wrong. Maybe it's Futaba that makes positive shift for the European market. I don't see why a good radio shop couldn't make the JR transmit negative signal. Just a thought and I was hoping I might find a radio "head" that could answer that.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:32 PM
ira d

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Even if it could be done im sure it would not be worth it cost wise and I doubt it would be FCC legal.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:44 PM
A.T.

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: chistech In my post I put he is already using a synthesized module! I alsoknow a JR cannot change shift easily. That is why I asked if it could be changed internally possibly by a quality radio shop. I believe they make JR's for the European market that are negative shift but I might be wrong. Maybe it's Futaba that makes positive shift for the European market. I don't see why a good radio shop couldn't make the JR transmit negative signal. Just a thought and I was hoping I might find a radio "head" that could answer that.

How to make a JR Radio to work with Futaba RX.
In need theaton56 aka 'MacMan" may be able to assist with current schematic.

The PPM-Signal-Inverter section 2.2

Negative and/or positive shift in Transmitters and Receivers - 101 re Differences

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 11-15-2010, 01:51 PM
carrellh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I don't see why a good radio shop couldn't make the JR transmit negative signal.
Radio South (in Georgia and Florida) is widely regarded as a good radio shop. The phone number for both locations is on http://www.radiosouthrc.com and they probably know the answer.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:15 PM
tadawson

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I know that a US JR radio transmits opposite shift on 50 MHz vs. 72 . . . thus, the difference can be in the module, as well as the radio. The trick will be finding someone to legally make the change . . .

- Tim
Old 11-15-2010, 02:41 PM
ira d

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the fast replies. My buddy will check out the Tracker III.
The statment you made is confusing because there is nothing the tracker can do that the Hitec cant
as far as freq shift andchannel changing.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:53 PM
carrellh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The original post says the Hitec transmitter in question only holds 7 models in memory and he wants one that can hold at least 20.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:25 PM
ira d

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: carrellh

The original post says the Hitec transmitter in question only holds 7 models in memory and he wants one that can hold at least 20.
Thanks you are correct I missed that point.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:12 AM
chistech

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks everyone, this is the info I was looking for. Forgot about the possible legal issue but if one radio is transmitting negative why couldn't another. It would be nice to put a switch it to change from neg to pos. I will contact radio south.