RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX8

Old 11-18-2010, 05:13 PM
ohnoucdat
My Feedback: (16)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default DX8

If your flying with this thing (DX8), check it, seems they are doing same thing most the other radios they sell do. Losing link, servos moving without command.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:50 PM
airbusdrvr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DX8

Seems you have an agenda: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10143851
Old 11-18-2010, 06:07 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (60)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hm, you noticed that too?
Old 11-18-2010, 06:26 PM
ohnoucdat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You can do better than that, this is straight from horizon. If I had an agenda I'd probably say looks like a good radio to try at SEFF, or Joe Nall next year.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:27 PM
rhd-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Are you using The vibrater in the timer mode
Old 11-18-2010, 06:56 PM
ohnoucdat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think that's where there problem is at, not 100% sure, seems to cause it to lose rf link, and servos to move without input. I'm sure team spectrum/team watch my investment fall out the sky, is all over it. PRobably the hold up with it getting out, trying to fix it so not to have a mass recall.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:28 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ohnoucdat

I think that's where there problem is at, not 100% sure, seems to cause it to lose rf link, and servos to move without input. I'm sure team spectrum/team watch my investment fall out the sky, is all over it. PRobably the hold up with it getting out, trying to fix it so not to have a mass recall.
How about getting this over quick and telling us which brand you recommend.
Then get lost.

Yes, I have a DX8, with lots of flights and no problems.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:58 PM
rhd-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

why didn't you contact Horizon before bad mouthing. They have a recall for the early D8's.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:59 PM
rhd-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It was only a few of them. There is a way to test for it.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:34 AM
ohnoucdat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I suggest you buy any radio, that doesn't continue to have problems, a radio that there isn't a need to run spaghetti SATs. all over your plane, just to get a signal, a radio that isn't an over priced crash waiting to happen. Really after the Seff and Joe Nall catastrophe, what was your logic in buying this radio. Come on, just like most of the other radios, you had to know that a problem was inevitable, just same old BS, just different day. I give Horizon credit for at least being up front about this one. If you want to make it personal 804, I think you'll be the one getting lost, while out looking for your plane. When you pruchased, your radio, did you buy the system, or just the tx? Reason I ask, just wondering, if they are still supplying you with the 4.8 battery

rhd-RCU

I think your right, that only a few are out there, Looks like they caught it, and are trying to fix the problem, instead of flooding the market, just for the xmas sales.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:30 AM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I suggest you buy any radio, that doesn't continue to have problems, a radio that there isn't a need to run spaghetti SATs. all over your plane, just to get a signal, a radio that isn't an over priced crash waiting to happen. Really after the Seff and Joe Nall catastrophe, what was your logic in buying this radio. Come on, just like most of the other radios, you had to know that a problem was inevitable, just same old BS, just different day. I give Horizon credit for at least being up front about this one. If you want to make it personal 804, I think you'll be the one getting lost, while out looking for your plane. When you pruchased, your radio, did you buy the system, or just the tx? Reason I ask, just wondering, if they are still supplying you with the 4.8 battery

rhd-RCU

I think your right, that only a few are out there, Looks like they caught it, and are trying to fix the problem, instead of flooding the market, just for the xmas sales.
I've run DSM2 (X9303) since early '08, flying indoor foamies to 50cc gas to (recently) helis, with absolutely no problems. I don't keep count, but I would guess around 2000 or so flights.
There are thousands out there like me, running JR/Spektrum with no problems, no doubt many times the others put together.
There are a few that seem to have problems, and I think they would have similar problems no matter what equipment they use.

Then there are a few like you that feel the need to jump on a bashing bandwagon, even though not really knowing anything other than internet gossip.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:35 AM
ohnoucdat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

THis isn't internet gossip. THis is fact. I understand how you may want it to be just gossip.

Your right some are just set-up issues, but others that have way more experience than you, or myself put together with set-ups, and they have problems, then there is an issue. The issue right now is, if you have a DX8 CHECK IT. Horizon will actually pay shipping both ways, as they did with the 9503
Old 11-19-2010, 05:22 PM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If your flying with this thing (DX8), check it, seems they are doing same thing most the other radios they sell do. Losing link, servos moving without command.
If you had left out the bolded words above, you might have had an informative post.
Otherwise, what I bolded above is just internet gossip, mean spirited, and totally useless trolling, IMO, of course.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:50 PM
ohnoucdat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I guess we all know what opinion's are worth. I'm sure you can gather my opinion of spectrum, but my opinion has merit.