Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Crystals do break!!

Old 08-01-2003, 04:25 AM
catboater
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crystals do break!!

OOOPPPSSS,,,, this was suppose to be a reply to the "JR crystal trouble" thread started by kev 79. Guess I pushed the wrong button. Sorry

Even if foamed up they can break. I've had two go bad in crashes. It's nothing special to JR either. Any brand will break if you smack it. You can also damage them if you misalign it when installing it.
Don't let the Futaba boys trick you into thinking it's JR. Both radio's are good but they're not unbreakable. It's always a good idea to send the reciever and crystal in to Horizon after a crash to be checked out. No sense losing another ship to a bad rx or x-tal.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:14 PM
Lynx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crystals do break!!

This is a given... If anyone actually took off that little metal case and looked inside they'd probably ask why they don't break more often. It's a slice of quartz waffer that's thinner than a piece of paper.