Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Hitec 2.4 Binding, Changing Modes, and Range Checking - Cheat sheet help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec 2.4 Binding, Changing Modes, and Range Checking - Cheat sheet help

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Wayne Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 2.4 Binding, Changing Modes, and Range Checking - Cheat sheet help

Hi,

Everytime I get a new radio I seem to go through a brief learning curve in learning how to program it. Part of this is my trying to figure out the sometimes short, cryptic messages from the manual, or the explanations aren't complete, or sometimes its simply because I don't "get" what I'm being told.

As a result, I always like to put together a quick "cheat sheet" that I can put in my workshop and field box as a quick reference when needed and explain the steps clearly so they make sense to me.

In this case I've put together information on binding for first time, changing modes and range checking for the Hitec Aurora 9 and Optic 6.

I would like to ask anyone who has one of these radios if they would mind assisting me by double checking the attached document, just to make sure I've got it right and haven't missed something. See attached PDF.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne

Old 11-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Wayne Miller

Default RE: Hitec 2.4 Binding, Changing Modes, and Range Checking - Cheat sheet help

Hi,

Lots of views over the last few days, but no comments, so I'm guessing all is OK.

Thanks,

Wayne
Old 11-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec 2.4 Binding, Changing Modes, and Range Checking - Cheat sheet help

Hello Wayne,

From another fellow near you.

I just read in its entirety the pdf file.

You have no response for the following reasons.

Few people are involved with Hitec radios.
People do not enjoy reading long pdf files.
You are talking above most people's interest or ability to concentrate.
People start reading and give up after a few paragraphs so do not respond.

I think you wrote that pdf file which implies that you understand fully the operation.
Thanks for posting this pdf file; it sure can help and clarify any manual ambiguity.

I found your writing very clear and easy to follow.

Your near neighbor ___

Zor.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Wayne Miller

Hi Zor,

Thanks for the critique, I appreciate it. I'm glad you found it complete and cleared up any ambiguity, that was the intent.

I'm sending you a PM.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Old 05-08-2012, 11:30 AM
bearcatt1
My Feedback: (1)

Say Wayne, can you send me a copy
Y of your PDF cheat sheet. I purchased an Aurora 9 last week, and im learning. I clicked on the link, but it was not available. [email protected]. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Wayne Miller

Hi Bearcatt1,

I still have the document, but will have to look it up. I'll send it to you directly.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne