RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spoileron Programming for DX7

Old 12-01-2010, 07:29 AM
kom73

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Spoileron Programming for DX7

Hi all,

I'm trying to tame down wing rock on some high alpha harriers and I've been searching the internet for the past couple days and haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. I'm sure its here I just need some help finding it. I have a dx7 and I currently have the "flaperon" mode activated on my edge to operate both ailerons.

My goal is to get the ailerons to go up as the elevator goes up. I'm pretty sure I might have to inactivate the "flaperon" mode and program in aileron to aux for the ailerons then a mix to go elevator to aileron????

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:20 AM
kom73

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Spoileron Programming for DX7

I figured it out last night.  I did have to inactivate "flaperon" mode.  I did a mix on #6 for aileron to flaps(left aileron).  I then did a mix for elevator to aileron, I started out at 50%, I'll see when I get flying it if it's too much or not enough.  The next mix I did was elevator to flaps at 100% in the opposite value.  ie I did +50% on aileron and did -100% for flaps.  It has to be double the value for the opposite direction.

So far it worked.  I forgot I have similar programming for my ultra stick for the flaps, except the flaps go the opposite direction of the elevator.  It does insanely tight loops.