Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

What is Hitec and Futaba waiting for?

Old 12-02-2010, 10:07 AM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is Hitec and Futaba waiting for?

With the hit of these new bind and fly micro airplanes that fly so well I can not understand why Hitec and Futaba hasn't come out with there own version of the Spektrum AR6400 board. This board makes all these airplanes possible without flying them with a little junky transmitter. Micro indoor airplanes are here to stay and are growing by leaps and bounds, wake up Hitec and Futaba and get us something comparable. Personally I fly the Hitec Aurora 9, but I love the simplicity of the AR6400, so I have to keep a junk Spektrum transmitter around to fly this little indoor stuff with.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: What is Hitec and Futaba waiting for?

There was a discussion about this here in RCU not too long ago.

Look closely at the BNF aircraft. Notice who is the distributor. I'll tell you, it is Horizon Hobbies, the same distributor of the Spektrum radios. Do you think that Spektrum or even JR has anything to do with the BNF aircraft?

Rafael
Old 12-02-2010, 05:48 PM
MikeGreenshields

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I apologize for jumping in, I'm doing so at someone else request as they thought you'd find this interesting.

Note that Sanwa/Airtronics/Global/Hobby People has begun working on i-Bind which are Airtronics compatible products.
The first one is the Phase 3 U-2
http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...ronics-rx.html

The 2nd one will be a new Phase 3 motor glider called the Phoenix II (Information to come)

I KNOW these are not micro indoor planes but rather outdoor park flyer types, but they are only the 1st small steps toward a line of i-Bind products. Stay tuned over the next year because all year long there will be new Airtronics products and i-Bind products that will give you many options.

-Mike Greenshields
Old 12-03-2010, 04:57 AM
edge_pilot

I thought I was misunderstood by some with my post. I am not concerned about the BNF planes themselves, there are plenty of Mico planes to build and fly. I was talking about Hitec and Futaba not having an equivalent radio gear to the Spektrum 6400 board. These are the little boards with the receiver, servos, and now ESC's all on one board. This board can be used in a huge selection on small aircraft for radio gear, my only problem is I have had 5 spektrum transmitters all to have seveare problems before they were 3 years old. I fly Hitec for this reason, I love my Aurora 9, I just with I could convert my small planes to fly with this TX. This is such a huge market now and growing by leaps and bounds I can't believe Hitec and Futaba are going to set back and let Spektrum steal the show.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:59 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: edge_pilot

...These are the little boards with the receiver, servos, and now ESC's all on one board. ...

Ok, now I get you.

Rafael
Old 12-03-2010, 07:32 AM
Brendan Lugo

It would kind of be like going back and making a model T to sell you. Why go backwards in technology? With the Multiplex brand models we offer many of them in a receiver ready platform so the user can use their favorite brand radio system and not be locked into having to use what the manufacturer wants you to use whether thats our AFHSS, Futabas FHSS or other brands DSM equipment.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:24 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

I think the whole point is, the AR6400 includes a 6 ch rx, small ESC, two servos, and can be used in scratch built VERY small airplanes. the whole thing weighs about 4 grams.. Not specifically any bind & fly applications, but the ultralightweight "brick" if you would.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:43 AM
edge_pilot

ORIGINAL: fizzwater2

I think the whole point is, the AR6400 includes a 6 ch rx, small ESC, two servos, and can be used in scratch built VERY small airplanes. the whole thing weighs about 4 grams.. Not specifically any bind & fly applications, but the ultralightweight ''brick'' if you would.

BINGO. This is exactly my point.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:28 AM
MikeGreenshields

Yes, I was addressing iBind more than the micro stuff. If you notice, we just released a 3 gram receiver. The idea is if you think about that we now have some iBind products and you consider that we just released a 3 gram receiver, you can see we're addressing both points. People want smaller equipment from us AND people want iBind type products.
http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...-receiver.html
Old 12-03-2010, 12:28 PM
edge_pilot

now just add 2 servos and a ESC to that board and only gain 1 gram and you will be were Spektrum was 3 years ago?

I'm not trying to be harsh here, but I can't see why Spektrum is the only one with this setup. I can't imagine they are that much more advanced than the other radio companies.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:44 PM
MikeGreenshields

Fair comment, but considering that 3 years ago we didn't even have a 2.4GHz radio, at Airtronics there's been a huge amount of development in a fairly short amount of time.