Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New transmitter/charging question

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 08:11 PM
Ernie Misner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New transmitter/charging question

I have a brand new Futaba 6XAS transmitter and am charging it overnight with a 50mah wall charger for it's first charge.

When I turned it on (before charging) the voltage quickly went from 9.6 down to 8.8, which I expected for new and uncharged batteries. I then plugged the wall charger in, and after about 45 minutes switched the power switch on for a couple of seconds just to see where the voltage was by then. I was surprised to see that it was reading 10.8 volts already. Shouldn't it take overnight to approach this reading? Anyway I went ahead and let it charge for a full 16 hours or more. (which it is still doing)

Also, I am assuming the battery pack is 600mah or so. That would make? the overnight charge time 600X1.4 divided by 50.... or about 16 plus hours.

Sound about right? Thanks for any input!

Ernie
Old 08-02-2003, 09:47 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

All sounds 'bout right'. the voltage will show very quickly on a short charge and also disappear quickly if left on. as you know to go full capacity do 14/16 first charge .

John
Old 08-02-2003, 09:52 PM
Ernie Misner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks John. Due to some things being stolen I am having to go back to the wall charger. Actually the wall charger is the way to go with a brand new pack though I guess. Sure do miss that Sirius charger though.....

What I have done is to stick a dial thermometer under the transmitter pack as I am slow overnight charging it. This should give me some clues as to when it is fully charged and warming up a bit, right?

Thanks,

Ernie