Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 12FG dummies guide continued.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 09:33 AM
beto9
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 12FG dummies guide continued.

I tried to respond to the original thread but was prevented by "no more postings accepted", so here goes my contribution:

I am not defending Futaba or Hobbico but it is very common practice that manuals for a product are of the sort "if you want to do this here are the steps" but no explanation why you would want to do "this". Also no explanation of the consequences of mixing "this" with "that".
I own a high end digital SLR and its manual is of the same sort.
Futaba manual is plagued in each explanation with the navigation steps more than the feature itself. Augh! Those navigation steps could have been written once at the beginning of the manual and then dispensed with.
In the Futaba site there are different model setups that you can copy (and possibly convert to your radio) to load and use. But I doubt they are easy to study because no explanation is provided and you would have to see all options to check if they have been used or not.
The appearance of the video in Hobbico's Web site is surely a recognition that the programming is quite dense. Witness all the postings in this forum (many of them repeated many times).
I thought of the possibility of writing a "dummies" manual but... would I get the support of Hobbico? How many copies would sell? Nah!
I have several flying colleagues at my Club who are ecstatic about their new Hitec radio because of its programming ease. Futaba high end models are quite flexible in the features available, I think they are THE most flexible, but its usage is hampered by the steep learning curve.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:54 AM
profmb

Default RE: Futaba 12FG dummies guide continued.

OK, I have jumped to this thread from the one that I initiated. Please will someone explain to me why this subject is not deemed to be 'acceptable for discussion'? Woodbender informs me that the orginal thread has been removed from the Futaba forum - why? I have tried to be very constructive with my concerns. I have offered a few innovative ideas. I am still a loyal Futaba customer.

Is Futaba customer feedback not wanted?
Why cannot a constructive dialogue be entered into?

Yours sincerely Profmb
Old 12-06-2010, 12:02 PM
readyturn
My Feedback: (9)

Profmb,

The place where you started the thread was in the "Manufactures Forum", which only permits the "manufacture" to provide responses to the thread as it is stated in the RCU roles. Ask me how I know?

Rick
Old 12-06-2010, 12:04 PM
readyturn
My Feedback: (9)

Profmb,

The place where you started the thread was in the "Manufactures Forum", which only permits the "manufacture" to provide responses to the thread as it is stated in the RCU rules.

Ask me how I know?

Rick