Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Beeps from my T6EXAP

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 08:16 PM
thailazer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Beeps from my T6EXAP

I was hand launching my 82 inch trainer on a photo mission to map out our property plans and as soon as the airplane left my hand, the transmitter started beeping as if I had a low battery. Voltage was 10.4 so no problem there and the beeping stopped after about 15 seconds.

This transmitter is fairly new and never had this happen before. Is there any other case besides low battery voltage that would enable the beep? This was a bit unnerving due to the hand launch and a couple extra hundred dollars of HD camera attached to the ship, but I did do two flights anyway with the gnawing "why the beep" thought in the back of my mind!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:11 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Beeps from my T6EXAP

I briefly looked at the manual and did not see a reference to Beeping other than for Low Tx Battery. Perhaps I missed something. Some Tx's will Beep, shortly after the Tx is turned On, to Warn you that a particular condition has been set, on the Tx, that you might not want turned on at Takeoff. If you turn the switch Off and then On again, the Beeping stops.

I did not see any other reference to Beeps, for this kind of condition, on this Tx.

Sometimes, a Tx will Beep, if the Throttle is not set to Below Half when you turn it On.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:11 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: thailazer

I was hand launching my 82 inch trainer on a photo mission to map out our property plans and as soon as the airplane left my hand, the transmitter started beeping as if I had a low battery. Voltage was 10.4 so no problem there and the beeping stopped after about 15 seconds.

This transmitter is fairly new and never had this happen before. Is there any other case besides low battery voltage that would enable the beep? This was a bit unnerving due to the hand launch and a couple extra hundred dollars of HD camera attached to the ship, but I did do two flights anyway with the gnawing "why the beep" thought in the back of my mind!
Hi thailazer,

Just to reassure you that you are not dreaming. .
I have heard those beeps many times from my JRXP7202 .
They often lasted more than a couple of minutes.

The beep itself last about 1/2 second and repeats about 2to5 times per minute.
Explanation in line above for those who never heard them.
They are not loud and could easily not be heard in a field environment.

Being busy doing some experimental programming it just remained a question in my mind and still is.
Could be a timer alert ?
Anyone else have heard them ?
Any idea what is happening ?

Happy New Year.

Zor
Old 12-27-2010, 01:24 AM
thailazer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Zor.... Hey, you helped me solve my problem here on the other side of the world and the other end of the temperature gauge! Just read your post and grabbed my transmitter. Turned it on, wiggled the battery and connector, no problems.

Then I started looking for other causes of the beep and TA-DAHHH, found the reason. When you trim any stick, the transmitter beeps as it increments or decrements with a nice double-beep at zero. My rudder trim is now at an incorrect -40. Why? When I was hand launching, I held the transmitter in my left hand and must have been depressing the rudder trim. No way it was 15 seconds, but it felt that way in the stress of a cumbersome hand launch. Didn't notice it flying any different but I was pretty focused on bringing it over the area to be photographed. Funny how my mind processed this.... I could swear I heard those beeps after the plane left my hand. At any rate, thanks for your post as I can let that gnawing feeling go now!

Old 12-27-2010, 02:13 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello thailazer

I am glad I was of some help.

I also got curious and turned on my JRXP7202 .
Nearly as soon as I got it in transmit mode I heard a beep.
The screen was flashing the words "no trainer".

I waited and heard more beeps. The transmitter just sitting on the table by itself and not touching it.
I decided to time the beeps and found they occur exactly every 30 secs.

It made me curious so I turned it off and restarted it in set up mode and went to the trainer screen.
It was showing "normal" with the left switch assigned.

I changed it to "inh" (inhibited, no trainer) .
I shutit off and put it back on. No more flashing words saying "no trainer"
AND NO MORE BEEPS .

Just let it sit on the table for 10 minutes. No beeping at all.

That beep is telling us that we are setup for a trainer and we do not have a trainer cable connected.
It does not see a slave transmitter.

One more little puzzle solved .
Did not see anything in the manual about that.

Happy New Year.

Zor
Old 12-27-2010, 06:03 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good catch Thailazer - Digital Trims will Beep to let you know you are changing the Trim. I never thought that you might be holding one down by accident. I haven't flown gliders since the 80's. I do remember tightly gripping the Tx with my Left hand and launching the Glider with my Right, then reaching for the Rudder stick with my Right hand. We did not have Digital Trims back then.