Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics 3PS Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2003, 10:23 PM
coolhuh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics 3PS Problems

I recently bought a 3PS for my Losi truck, I put the servo and receiver in the truck and hooked it up to my rebel speed controller, nothing happened. The light in my speed controller came on. I read the manual and it did not have any special instructions for programming it or hooking it up. Please help me, any info would be nice.
Thanks,
Jeff
Old 07-28-2003, 10:20 PM
coolhuh

I originally had an old JR for a radio and it was not working well, now with the Airtronics the truck will not go at all.
Please Help
Old 07-29-2003, 04:11 AM
hroachen

Does the steering work and the truck just won't go, or does nothing at all work except the light on the speed control?

David
Old 07-29-2003, 12:49 PM
coolhuh

Nothing but the light on the speed controller works. I plugged the speed controller into the throttle on the receiver and the steering servo into the rudder on the receiver, I tried them in the other locations on the receiver but nothing.
Old 08-04-2003, 02:35 AM
coolhuh

The light on the speed controller comes on when I turn the switch on but it is very dim, the battery is fully charged and nothing will work. This all started when I switched over to the Airtronics radio from the JR.
Any Suggestions, Thanks
Old 08-04-2003, 05:22 AM
hroachen

Originally posted by coolhuh
The light on the speed controller comes on when I turn the switch on but it is very dim, the battery is fully charged and nothing will work. This all started when I switched over to the Airtronics radio from the JR.
Any Suggestions, Thanks
hmm... Let's start with the obvious...

Make sure that your receiver is an FM if it's to work with the 3PS, and the transmitter and receiver are both on the same frequency.

If it's an aftermarlet receiver (like Novak or Tekin, etc) you need to be sure it's made to work with Airtronics.

THe speed control plugs into channel 2, the steering servo into channel 1.

The only other thing I can think of... older Airtronics radios liek the 3PS used a different plug polarity than other brands. IF you're using a servo and speed control that were working in a JR receiver, this could be the problem. The more recent Airtronics receivers with the "Z connector" are plug compatible with Futaba and JR, but the older Airtronics receivers were not. On the older Airtronics units the center wire is negative, on JR, Futaba, and the new Airtronics Z connector the center wire is positive.

You can tell if you have the older airtronics connectors by looking at the receiver's slots for the plugs. If there are three grooves in the slot then you've got the older style polarity. If the slots look the same as your JR receiver then your problem lies elsewhere.

Hope that was of some help,

D
Old 08-04-2003, 05:51 PM
coolhuh

The receiver is an FM, it is an Airtronics by SANWA.
I pluged the speed controller into the connection marked THRO and the steering servo into the one marked RUDD. There are two other connections marked AUX and BATT that I did not use.
The receiver is a newer style because it does not have the three groves in it, so I guess I have other problems that i am not able to figure out.
Thanks for the help,
Jeff
Old 08-04-2003, 07:44 PM
coolhuh

I switched some of the wires and got it working. It will only work if I turn the reverse off on the ESC. With the reverse on the tires continue to spin no matter what I do to the throttle trim, so at least i got it running.
Thanks