Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

servos

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 09:30 AM
novatubbed
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servos

I Have a seagull laser 200 1.20 and it is time to put servos in it . did anyone every use power hd servos?whatare thebest wire ext. to us for the tail servos? thanks
Old 01-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: servos

I am always very doubtful of the long term reliability of servo extensions, especially in large planes where the extension will not be frequently demated/mated to prevent contact corrosion. It is so easy to just cut the existing wiring in two and solder in a suitable extension length of the proper gage wire. Now, no connections to corrode or fail as time passes. Also much less expensive if that matters. If you must use extensions, insist on gold plated connectors and wire at least as large a gage as the original servo wire.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:18 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use 20ga to 22ga wire for all extensions, except for small foamies, regardless of the servo wire size.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9623
I haven't used these yet personally, but I've heard some good feedback on them.