RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

R149 Dp Rx-Tx compatibility?

Old 01-09-2011, 07:48 PM
gorchew

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default R149 Dp Rx-Tx compatibility?

Hello, Could you please tell me what radios are compatible or best suited to the Futaba R149 DP channel receiver, Thanks - Gorchew
Old 01-09-2011, 08:32 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: R149 Dp Rx-Tx compatibility?

The R149 DP Rx is a PCM Rx and should be compatible with any Futaba PCM Tx such as the 9CAP and above. It is obviously not 2.4.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:01 AM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The R129DP receiver is a 1024 bit resolution 72Mhz PCM receiver and is compatible with the second generation Futaba PCM systems. An example of a compatible transmitters is the T5UAP. The first generation is 512 bit PCM resolution and the newest are 2048 bit resolution.

Bruce
Old 01-10-2011, 06:04 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The OP was asking about the R149 DP, not the R129 DP

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJRW1
Old 01-10-2011, 06:44 AM
Gremlin Castle
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: gorchew

Hello, Could you please tell me what radios are compatible or best suited to the Futaba R149 DP channel receiver, Thanks - Gorchew
The same Futaba 1024 PCM transmitters that work wit the R129 DP receivers will work with the R149 DPs. I would caution that some of the R149DPs were prone to intermittant failure. There were numerous postings about this problem back about 5 or 6 years ago.
I pulled all of mine out of service and reverted back to the older 129 series because of unsatisfactory resolution by Futaba service. Supposedly the problem was due to a ceramic gilter but this was never confirmed by anyone reliable. Before I went on to 2.4 I used quite a number of the synthesized frequency PCM units with good success.
Bottom line though is only Futaba 1024 PCM modules will work with R149 DP receivers.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:09 AM
gorchew

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the info. I am fairly new to R/Cing. Well, new to not crashing them in the first 5 seconds of flight anyway, thanks to the micro sized ones they are coming out with these days - they can take a couple of crashes and still give you some air time. I got pretty good on the Novus Seacobra. So I picked up a Kyosho Concept 30, with SE and SRX upgrades, some of which I have done. I been going through it. I've got the engine turning  and replaced a few things including the SRX 515 mm. So now on to the electronics, which, I am new to - I've got a lot to learn. 
     My Concept 30 had a R129 DP Rx in it. I would have used it but it seems to be fried. So I just won a R149 DP Rx (sorry if I was a competing bidder), as well a Futaba 6EX PCM Transmitter. I believe that they should be compatible, I'll just need a matching crystal set, and hopefully I will finally be ready for liftoff.   Once again, Thanks - theses forums are truly indispensable to newbies like me - Gorchew