Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR X9303 Doesnt Turn On

Old 01-15-2011, 02:02 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR X9303 Doesnt Turn On

ORIGINAL: emrecozel

ORIGINAL: Zor

ORIGINAL: emrecozel

Hello, thanks for your help. There is nothing wrong with the battery. I checked it with another battery. So I used to live in New York and i didnt change it.Thats why. This is not batterry or fuse problem. I tried.
Somequestions ____ trying to help you.

Where do you live now that you cannot send you radio to the service center ?

What do you call "the main board" ? The one with the antenna connectionnearer to transmitter top ?
or the board nearer the bottom of the case ?

Where about did you touch the main board that it was so hot "you could not keep your finger on more than one second " ???

Did you touch the main board many places ? Like near top ?, bottom ?, near right edge ? near left edge ? You are obviously looking from the back with the back cover open.

Zor

Thanks for ur helping
I live in Turkey right now. So no this is not antenna connection. This is behind the lcd screen and all cable plugs this board.I touch the bottom of the main board and it was too hot.

Taking a long shot at this one.

The situation as we can imagine it from the details available could be explained by a shorton tjhe board very close or right at the battery connection .

The boad can be able to dissipate the heat and the amount of short circuit current could be limited by the battery condition. The capability of the battery to deliver a short circuit current.

There could be for example an electrolytic filter capacitorin contact with the board very close to the battery connector that has shorted . It might present a near dead short but not so fully dead short allowing enough current to heat up locally.

Unfortunately it was not said if other parts of the board has been touched to see if it is (was) hot.
It is unikely that the whole board is or get hot..

It is always difficult to diagnoze a problem when the questions we askare not fully answered like in this case.

What I am speculating might take place on the board before the fuse. The short circuit current would not be flowing through the fuse.

Have a REAL GOOD LOOK around where the battery connects to the board. and ____

best of luck.

Zor

Old 02-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Pull-Up!
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a fried encoder board, a known issue on the X9303. Horizon will replace for free if you send it in.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for ur helping
I live in Turkey right now. So no this is not antenna connection. This is behind the lcd screen and all cable plugs this board.I touch the bottom of the main board and it was too hot.

emrecozel

Three weeks have gone by _ _ _
Sure looks like there migh be a short on that PC board near where the power plug from the battery is located.

Did you find anything ?

What is your situation now ?

Zor