Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

AR7000 will not hold bind ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 05:16 AM
nappy99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AR7000 will not hold bind ?

I have a DX7 (AR7000 RX), and it will not hold the bind. When I turn off the RX, I need to re-bind about 8 out of 10 times. This happened after I charged the RX battery through the switch jack at 0.5a……did that cause this problem? Any fix…? Thanks
Old 01-17-2011, 05:30 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AR7000 will not hold bind ?

Return it.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:32 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Are you sure the Bind Button, on the DX7, is not being depressed, while you are turning on the Tx? I had this happen because I was leaning the Tx against a shallow wood rail on my flight stand. Each time I would turn on the Tx and when I turned on the Rx, the two would not ReLink until I went through the Bind Process, again. It was just luck that I set the Tx in the same place, twice in a row, or I might not have figured it out so easily. A ReBind was necessary, each time.

Charging the Tx at .5a is not an excessive charge rate, but it is always possible to get a short as you plug the charger jack into the Tx. Usually that kills the fuse before damaging the radio.

Does this happen for just one Model Memory or have you tried more than one Model Memory?
Have you tried other Rx's or a different Tx with your Rx?
Are there any lights flashing on the Rx when it fails to ReLink?
Old 01-17-2011, 08:40 AM
nappy99

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

Are you sure the Bind Button, on the DX7, is not being depressed, while you are turning on the Tx? I had this happen because I was leaning the Tx against a shallow wood rail on my flight stand. Each time I would turn on the Tx and when I turned on the Rx, the two would not ReLink until I went through the Bind Process, again. It was just luck that I set the Tx in the same place, twice in a row, or I might not have figured it out so easily. A ReBind was necessary, each time.

Charging the Tx at .5a is not an excessive charge rate, but it is always possible to get a short as you plug the charger jack into the Tx. Usually that kills the fuse before damaging the radio.

Does this happen for just one Model Memory or have you tried more than one Model Memory?
Have you tried other Rx's or a different Tx with your Rx?
Are there any lights flashing on the Rx when it fails to ReLink?
AHHH...I think you're on to something. Normally I but the TX on thr ground...but there was lots of snow, so I had the TX on the side of my flight box (where it leans on the box).....that could explain why sometimes it works and sometimes not...I'll re-try and let you know. Thanks Mark
Old 01-17-2011, 12:29 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

One of my brand new 6110's kept doing this and I just exchanged it for a new one. I wasn't pushing the bind button in my case. Never did it again with the new one. I have a Futaba tx with DSM2 module.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:14 PM
BuschBarber

Spektrum made that Bind Button Too Big!!
Old 01-17-2011, 02:47 PM
StevL

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

Spektrum made that Bind Button Too Big!!
Or they could have put a sliding door over it.

Steve
Old 01-19-2011, 08:32 PM
tacx
My Feedback: (1)

I had the same problem that BushBarber had. Was working on my plane and was laying my DX7 down in such a way that the bind button was being depressed by the wood rail of the flight stand. Took me awhile to figure it out. Here is a pic of how I fixed mine. I just glued a couple pieces of plastic tubing next to the button.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67072.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	1550317  
Old 01-19-2011, 09:24 PM
BuschBarber

Nice idea!!
Old 01-20-2011, 11:17 AM
nappy99

I like the idea !

My main radio is X9303...that doesn't have this problem....the DX7 is spare radio I use at my cottage...so I am not used to having this issue
Old 01-21-2011, 08:34 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Also, if the transmitter is too close to the reciever during linking (sometimes mistakenly called binding) or if there's a lot of metal around it will interfere with the linking process