Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Time Capsule!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 08:13 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Time Capsule!!

Check out what came into my hands today. It's a brand spanking new, still in original package Futaba FP-6FN radio. I don't belive it has ever been out of the crate until I took the Tx out to snap a few pics. The original packing slip and reciept are still in the package. All the wires are still tied up, and all the baggies are still sealed. Also got an old Heathkit 5channel Tx as well.
Enjoy

Old 01-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Time Capsule!!

ORIGINAL: TLH101

Check out what came into my hands today. It's a brand spanking new, still in original package Futaba FP-6FN radio. I don't belive it has ever been out of the crate until I took the Tx out to snap a few pics. The original packing slip and reciept are still in the package. All the wires are still tied up, and all the baggies are still sealed. Also got an old Heathkit 5channel Tx as well.
Enjoy

Ah! ___The Good Old Timees are back.

Hope you realize how lucky you are.

Zor

Edited 26 Jan 2011 at 07:44 to remove picture duplication.
End
Old 01-25-2011, 09:29 PM
svo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good find!!
Old 01-26-2011, 04:55 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

That looks like the first Futaba radio I purchased in 1978. It was a 6ch for about $200. I have had many radios since then.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:30 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've still got one of those Futaba's (Sold all of my Kraft stuff last year)
Old 01-26-2011, 05:46 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

I moved on from the Vinyl covered case to the gold coloured Metal case, Conquest PCM, T6XA, 7AUPS, 8AUPS, 9CAP, and then I finally added the Synthesized 72Mhz RF Module. There might have been a Non PCM Conquest, as well.

The 9CAP was OK except the 9th channel was just a Switch and required a more expensive PCM Rx.

I purchased a jet from a friend that included a JR XP8103. When Spektrum came out with the 2.4 RF Module, I put it in the 8103. When the XP9303 came out, I found out it supported 9 fully proportional channels in PPM, PCM, and 2.4Ghz. Those advantages as well as Flight Conditions and Flaps on a Switch turned me into a JR/Spektrum person since the Spektrum module, in the 9C, only gave me 8 channels total.

Futaba has of course caught up but I am not in a hurry to Jump back.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:10 AM
summerwind

gee, where is the computer screen to setup dual rates, expo, servo reverse, mixing, and travel limit?...................oops, now i remember, we use to do things the real way back then

the Heathkit really brings back memories[8D]
Old 01-26-2011, 07:46 AM
pilotpete2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that sure is a nice collectible! Probably best to keep it just as it is, "G" connectors and all[8D]
Pete
Old 01-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: summerwind

gee, where is the computer screen to setup dual rates, expo, servo reverse, mixing, and travel limit?...................oops, now i remember, we use to do things the real way back then

the Heathkit really brings back memories[8D]
Hey guys,

How many remember when proportional was how often and how long you moved the switch to the on position ?

Zor