Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio for Rc Car

Old 01-25-2011, 08:50 PM
mEshGTR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio for Rc Car

hey im just wondering if i could use any of the 6ch or more stick radio for my rc car? i know i dont need more than 2 channel for my rc car (tamiya tt-01) but i cant seem to find a good stick radio with only 2 channel. so im wondering if i could use any of those 6 channel stick radio like futaba,hitec,etc for my rc car? i prefer stick than the pistol radio, thats y im asking you guys for some input.

thanks
Old 01-26-2011, 07:50 AM
pilotpete2

Default RE: Radio for Rc Car

If those stick radios are on 72Mhz, then no, you can't use them for a surface vehicle. They must either be on 27Mhz, or 75Mhz for surface use.
Pete
Old 01-26-2011, 07:56 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those who still fly aircraft on 72Mhz are worried about operators of land vehicles buying up the cheap Aircraft Transmitters and not adhering to the rules regarding Land vs Air frequencies. With no Frequency Control, the operator of an RC Car or Boat could knock an aircraft out of the Sky and not even realize it.

2.4Ghz rules!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:09 PM
mEshGTR

ok now i understand thanks.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:30 PM
pilotpete2

Yup, the frequency board sure is wide open for the holdouts at our field. Problem is, those old cast off 72Mhz transmitters can/will wind up in someones hands, that either doesn't know, or even care about frequency control and they can turn up way too close to your flying field
Pete