Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

will airtronics rx handle 6 volts

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 12:40 PM
jcole43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will airtronics rx handle 6 volts

im thinking about using a 6 volt nimh battery pack in my P38 will the airtronics rx handle it or do i need to install a regulator ?ps i know this has probably been discussed before so sorry for a repeat question!
Old 08-06-2003, 10:43 PM
aksmithrc
My Feedback: (2)

YES, Airtronics rx's WILL handle 6.0 volts (a 5-cell pack); some say you might notice some servo jitter with the pack coming off a fresh charge and a voltage regulator would help there. I have flown 5-cell packs with several Airtronics rx's (including the venerable 94765 FM, the PCM 6 channel Infinity 660 rx's and Stylus rx's, both PCM and FM) and have never used a regulator. Just remember, Ohm's Law tells us that with a higher voltage input, the current drain will be greater so you might want to use a larger capacity battery. I recently have used NiMH packs also instead of NiCD for the large capacity weight saving.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:14 AM
jcole43

thanks aksmith im using 1600 mah aa to make my 5 cell packthat should hopefully be enough!