Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

antenna replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Mr. N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default antenna replacement

Do thespectrumtransmitter's antennas have easilyreplaceableantennas. Can i put a u.fhl cable in them or do i have to solder an new antenna connection? (ufhl cable in pic)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14307.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	1557141  
Old 02-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: antenna replacement

Mr. N,

For whatever reason you may have to replace the antenna, the replacement has to match exactly the original.

Any mini-coax must have the same characteristic impedance and be the same length and same for the antenna itself which is usually just an uncovered length of the coax inside wire.

If you have whatever is left of the original antenna you may have the original connector that you can use.
The co-ax feed line is usually plugged into the RF printed circuit board using a mini co-ax connector.

Worst comes you can solder the coax to where the original was connected. It would work fine but can be a tricky endeavor.

Good luck.

Zor

Old 02-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Mr. N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: antenna replacement

Ok, thanks for the help.