Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

SAVOX SERVOS

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 03:18 PM
bemeson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAVOX SERVOS

I am building a new 50 cc gas build and I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on SAVOX 1256TG and 1258TG servos. I am planning on the 58's for Ailerons and Elevators and the 56 for the rudder. I have read a few posts, but most are using them in their cars. I would appreciate any comments good or bad

Thanks
Brian
Old 02-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Poopfong

Default RE: SAVOX SERVOS

I have a Pilot 25% Extra-260. Savox on the ailerons 1258 and elevators 1256. They have done about 30 flights or so, I would say they're awesome. They are standard size and use Futaba horns. Not sure why they are mostly cars and buggies. I do know that the 1258s are the same as align 610s (with a different tag)

I run them on Life 6.6v straight to the receiver and power consumption is moderate. they do whine a bit, but I/ve heard Hitecs that are louder. Radio system is 8FG with a 6008 RCVR.

The 1258s are lightning fast and all throw the plane around with no problem. For the price,they get 5 solid stars. Since they are designed forcars, my guess is the drivetrain is more than aplane needs.

I am buildinga 50CC Sbach and am looking at the 1268s and1267s. Not titainium, butthey have the torque I desire.

Mike
Old 02-08-2011, 08:21 AM
bemeson

Default RE: SAVOX SERVOS

Thanks a ton for the advice. My servos are coming this week. I will putting them in a 50 cc SBACH as well. I will let you know what I think. I am powering the servos with life batteries. If they are as fast as the specs indicate I will be pleased. Have you servos help up.
Thanks
Brian