Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Phoenix Sim: futaba square adaptor cord question

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 05:33 PM
nonstoprc
My Feedback: (90)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Phoenix Sim: futaba square adaptor cord question

I just bought a phoenix RC Sim and could not get my Futaba radio to connect to the simulator (no transmitter detected). The cable has USB in one end and 3.5mm "audio stereo microphone" adapter at the other, to which the futaba adaptor cable can plug in.

I opened up the square end of the futaba adaptor cable and found it only has two wires connected: the pos and the neg wire.

So my question is whether the problem I have is because the signal wire is not connected (?)

The version of the phoenix Sim is 3.0.I.

Appreciate any insight/tips.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46307.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1580699   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx61852.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1580700  
Old 03-18-2011, 05:51 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Phoenix Sim: futaba square adaptor cord question

ORIGINAL: nonstoprc

I just bought a phoenix RC Sim and could not get my Futaba radio to connect to the simulator (no transmitter detected). The cable has USB in one end and 3.5mm ''audio stereo microphone'' adapter at the other, to which the futaba adaptor cable can plug in.

I opened up the square end of the futaba adaptor cable and found it only has two wires connected: the pos and the neg wire.

So my question is whether the problem I have is because the signal wire is not connected (?)

The version of the phoenix Sim is 3.0.I.

Appreciate any insight/tips.
You left out some important information.
What model transmitter do you have? If it is a model that has Modulation settings that are PPM/PCM switchable, you need to be sure you have selected PPM in the Modulation section of the System Menu for the Model Memory you are using.
I do not have both the Aerofly Pro Deluxe and the Realflight sim. When I was working with the Aerofly USB cable, it just had two wires connected to either a 1/8" mono connector or a 1/8" stereo connector. This connected either to a JR/Spektrum Tx or to adapters for Futaba round or square.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:16 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: nonstoprc I just bought a phoenix RC Sim and could not get my Futaba radio to connect to the simulator (no transmitter detected). The cable has USB in one end and 3.5mm "audio stereo microphone" adapter at the other, to which the futaba adaptor cable can plug in.
The version of the phoenix Sim is 3.0.I. Appreciate any insight/tips.
Mini Square Plug for Simulator or a Slave connection is as attached.

See also sub Section "Trainer (Buddy box) cables - DIY " under
"Buddy Boxes. Servo Leads. Flight Simulator & Interface." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)

Alan T.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20353.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	1580801  
Old 03-20-2011, 07:02 AM
nonstoprc
My Feedback: (90)

Thanks folks.

So sounds like the wiring in adaptor is good.

I upgraded the sim to 3.0.n and still could not get the transimittrr recognized. The training mode of the radio is set to PPM.

Question. Is there a way to know if the radio sends out PPM on one of the wires? The USB was recognized but not the radio, so i thought the signal, or the cable could be bad.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:16 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: nonstoprc

Thanks folks.

So sounds like the wiring in adaptor is good.

I upgraded the sim to 3.0.n and still could not get the transimittrr recognized. The training mode of the radio is set to PPM.

Question. Is there a way to know if the radio sends out PPM on one of the wires? The USB was recognized but not the radio, so i thought the signal, or the cable could be bad.
Did you ever indicate which model Tx you have. Every Flight Sim manufacturer has different adapters for different transmitters.

When I first bought Aerofly Pro Deluxe, it came with a 1/8" mono audio adapter which worked fine for my JR XP8103. When I bought the XP9303, I had to buy an additional adapter because the Trainer Port on the 9303 was wired differently than the 8103. You should check with Phoenix Tech Support to see if you have the correct adapter for your TX. Also check to see if your Tx power switch must be turned On or Off when using the Sim.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:43 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: nonstoprc Thanks folks.So sounds like the wiring in adaptor is good.
I upgraded the sim to 3.0.n and still could not get the transimittrr recognized. The training mode of the radio is set to PPM. Question. Is there a way to know if the radio sends out PPM on one of the wires? The USB was recognized but not the radio, so i thought the signal, or the cable could be bad.
The PPM wire is clearly indicated in schematic attached post #2,
if you wish to learn if TX is actually sending a signal, refer to:
<dt>SmartPropoPlus - Connection via PC Microphone Socket - DIY for any TX </dt><dt>PPM Stick aka PPM audio (Mono) Thermometer - diagnostic tool
Otherwise suggest contact Phoenix support direct or refer their own forum
</dt><dt>PhoenixRC - Professional </dt><dt>Phoenix Rc -Tutorial - DIY Input New schemes for own models

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links</dt>