Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Horizon stops all sales ON JR RADIOS

Old 02-16-2011, 05:11 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Horizon stops all sales ON JR RADIOS

ORIGINAL: onewasp

''Ye have eyes but do not see and ears but do not hear -''
Perhaps because you do not wish to see or hear.

I cited but one site! HH has published a number of others throughout their announcement period .
There have been discussion threads by others as well. There are four solid reasons cited above.

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink.
Since I feel you do NOT wish to understand but rather to draw attention to yourself
and to post without end and/or without reason,
I intend to leave it as it is here and above.

Based upon all that has been published (not just cited here) if you do not get it, you simply do not get it !
Since I feel you have no intent ''to get it'' it shall forever be your mystery, not mine.

Yes sir! Do you ever have anything positive to say?... to ANYONE that posts on RCU? [&:]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56274.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1565078  
Old 02-16-2011, 05:24 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: WhoDaMan

So Horizon has stopped all its sales of Radio's
They are switching to DSMX
False.
Horizon has not stopped any sales of JR Radios. DSMX is an Upgrade from DSM2. That is all it is. DSM2 Xtmtr's , function, as always.
They upgraded to DMSX, only for the purpose of a large capicity crowd of 100 piolots or more on 2.4. All RX's and TX's are compatible with DMSX. Ie: JR 921DSM2 and below RX's. Then ya switch only if ya fly with 100 people, simple.
JR will not advance and aproduce a product ,that will outdate a previous product, just an upgrade if needed.
If ya fly at a field with 100 planes at the field, I feel sorry for ya.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: FLAPHappy
ORIGINAL: WhoDaMan
So Horizon has stopped all its sales of Radio's
They are switching to DSMX
False.
Horizon has not stopped any sales of JR Radios. DSMX is an Upgrade from DSM2. That is all it is. DSM2 Xtmtr's , function, as always.
They upgraded to DMSX, only for the purpose of a large capicity crowd of 100 piolots or more on 2.4. All RX's and TX's are compatible with DMSX. Ie: JR 921DSM2 and below RX's. Then ya switch only if ya fly with 100 people, simple.
JR will not advance and a produce a product ,that will outdate a previous product, just an upgrade if needed.
If ya fly at a field with 100 planes at the field, I feel sorry for ya.
Haven't read all the pages here but that above satisfies me. I went over to Larry's Hobby, TX State 1960 and IH 45, North Houston area and he had just received a load of new Spectrum (JR) 8 channels with this new DSMX stuff done. Also had a number of new receivers same as one in the box with the transmitter.

I picked myself up one along with an extra receiver. Now let's see: DSM2 means TWO and I suppose DSMX means DSM ANYTHING!!!

One funny thing that I did not know about (probably 1 of many) [X(] is that the Transmitter consists of 4 NMH batteries of 2000 mah, with a built-in charger. The wall plug in comes with several adapters for various sockets. I have not inspected it very much as of now, but it is a bigger transmitter than my Spectrum 7. It's kind of ugly, but I will get used to it I suppose. After all if it has to look at me, I can't expect "pretty" either!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:50 PM
FILE IFR

There's a new video out

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_nULRUPF_o&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Old 02-17-2011, 06:52 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what can expect from second place?
a second place type ad-
Old 02-17-2011, 07:54 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

now that is funny!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Rebel Flyer

Let me jump in here and not be attacked please.

I switched from a 10X ppm to a 12X in summer of 09. I plan on flying at Joe Nall this year. I flew in a gaggle of 33 planes at Warbirds over Delaware in 09. I never had a problem.

Will I be OK if I don't make the conversion? Most of the receivers I use are the JR 1221's and the 921's. I also have about 6 of the Spektrum AR7000 receivers.

Will the receivers need to be matched to the new upgrade?

Thanx

Rebel
Old 02-17-2011, 10:38 PM
John Sohm
My Feedback: (9)

Haven't tried any of the JR DSM2 receivers but I have an AR7000 that loses bind frequently and at this point, I don't trust the POS. I have gotten better results from the several OrangeRX receivers I bought from Hobby King for $7.95 each. They bind and stay that way and I've yet to have one fail. So I'm keeping my DSM2 radio for park flyers and bnf planes but that's about it. For "glow and gas, I'll use my 10C or 8FG.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:21 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

JR and Spektrum use the same technology, so a Spektrum AR9000 and a JR 921 are the same, as an example.

Once you Bind a Tx to an Rx, it does not "Lose it's Bind". The "Link" between the Tx and Rx can be broken due to a loss of Signal. It is restored when the Signal returns.

I have been using my JR XP9303, with Spektrum Module, for years, with AR9000, AR7000, AR6100, and AR6110. The only time I was forced to Bind again was when I laid a DX7 against the side of a Flight Stand and it accidentally depressed the Bind Button. When I turned on the Tx, with the Bind Button depressed, and then turned on the Rx, I found that I had no response and had to go through the Bind Process again. This is normal. Don't turn on the Tx with the Bind Button depressed unless you are going through the Bind Process.

All DSM2 Rx's will work with Tx's that have been converted to DSMX. All DSMX Rx's will work with Tx's on DSM2.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:20 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

JR and Spektrum use the same technology, so a Spektrum AR9000 and a JR 921 are the same, as an example.

Once you Bind a Tx to an Rx, it does not "Lose it's Bind". The "Link" between the Tx and Rx can be broken due to a loss of Signal. It is restored when the Signal returns.

I dont see how you can make a blanket statment that a receiver does not lose it's bind when there
are many many reports of JR/Spektrum receivers that loose their bind.

I can understand that your receivers may have never lost their bind on their own but that in no way
means it can't happen.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:43 AM
BuschBarber

One thing I frequently see is that there is confusion regarding the terms "Link" and "Bind". Many posters refer to a lost "Link" as a lost "Bind".

I agree completely with you on the point that just because it has not happened to me does not mean it cannot happen elsewhere. I have made this same statement to others, as well.

After years in the IT business, I have learned to keep an open mind on most everything.

If in fact you have Bound a Tx to an Rx and then, for some unknown reason, you have to go through the Bind Process, again, something is not right, since it should not happen.

I do know that if you Bind a Tx to an Rx that also has Satellite Rx's, and you replace one of the Satellite Rx's, you have to go through the Bind Process, again.

I am just a bit skeptical that many of these reports result from faulty setups or a mix up in terms and people jump to the wrong conclusions.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:59 PM
gnirwin
My Feedback: (25)

I too have never had any issue with losing my bind, I bought one of the first 2.4 radios JR released and am on my fourth (11x).
Old 02-19-2011, 10:07 PM
Zor
Banned

What happens when a bind is lost ?

Zor
Old 02-20-2011, 06:08 AM
airbusdrvr

ORIGINAL: Zor

Zor
Nothing
Old 02-20-2011, 10:11 AM
flatspinjim
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: airbusdrvr

Zor
Nothing
Unless it's in flight. Then lots of things happen....usually bad things. [:@]
Old 02-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Zor
Banned

Zor
= airbusdrvr

Nothing
I appreciate your sense of humor.

I am hoping that someone who knows may explain.
I figure that the transmitter code has not changed since I understand it is applied at the factory for each transmitter to have a different one ; a unique code. .

So when the bind is lost . . . is the receiver code erased ? (deleted ?) until a new binding process is done.

Similarly what happens if a receiver that has been bound is exposed to a binding process with another transmitter. Is the original code in the receiver from the first transmitter simply overwritten to the new code ?

A bit of understanding never hurts anyone.

Zor
Old 02-20-2011, 10:30 AM
airbusdrvr

I think BuschBarber is most correct. There are so many things(batteries, switches, connector, etc.) that cause crashes that trying to say the receiver lost its bind is a stretch. But if that is the answer you are looking for, go for it.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Zor
Banned

ORIGINAL: flatspinjim

Zor
Nothing
Unless it's in flight. Then lots of things happen....usually bad things. [:@]
[/quote]

Some fellow posted that it can never happen in flight.

I personally believe that the link can be broken by sudden appearance of an overriding strong signal breasking the link but that would not mean the bind is lost. The bind would still exist if or when the strong signal is gone.

I will just wait to see if anyone has an understanding.

Zor

Old 02-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: rmh

a second place type ad-
Funny, I know ATX is doing really well, didn't realize they moved into first place!! Too bad JR/Spektrum is no longer in the top 3
Old 02-20-2011, 12:10 PM
rmh

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

a second place type ad-
Funny, I know ATX is doing really well, didn't realize they moved into first place!! Too bad JR/Spektrum is no longer in the top 3
Amazing absolutely amazing
Old 02-20-2011, 02:59 PM
BuschBarber

Once again, Binding is the process of sending to the receiver, the Unique Signature (GUID) of the Transmitter. Once this has been established, the Receiver only accepts communications from the Tx and Model Memory it is Bound to. Horizon Technical Support states that this relationship does not change unless you turn on the Tx, with the Bind Button depressed, which puts the Tx into the Bind Mode.

When you have a properly Bound Tx and Rx, a LINK is established, when you turn on the Tx and Rx. The LINK can be broken due to Interference, but the LINK returns when the Signal is restored.

The BIND has nothing to do with the LINK. The LINK is only made between the Tx and the Rx it is Bound to. The Rx will not establish a LINK with any other Tx than the one it is Bound to.

LINK and BIND are not the same.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:42 PM
rmh

save yer breath-
The concept simply escapes some folks
Old 02-20-2011, 03:51 PM
BuschBarber

save yer breath-
The concept simply escapes some folks
Thanks!!
Old 02-20-2011, 04:06 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Zor
It would appear that the receiver memory became corrupt and lost the bind code that was in it's memory. However that being said the early
Futaba 2.4 systems had a problem where the transmitter module would loose it's bind code and reset to all zeros and the receiver would
have to be re bound to the transmitter.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Zor
Banned

No one has yet replied to my question

Zor

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.