Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Does my AR600 have a problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 11:01 PM
drywaller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does my AR600 have a problem?

Hi guys. Just maidened my wingwarrior eslayer combat wing. Everything went great. Just one thing though. My motor beeps every 20 seconds. I have tried a different radio, battery and even tried rebinding the system. Nothing fixed it. Aside from that it works fine. Range checks fine.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Old 02-20-2011, 05:50 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Does my AR600 have a problem?

ORIGINAL: drywaller

Hi guys. Just maidened my wingwarrior eslayer combat wing. Everything went great. Just one thing though. My motor beeps every 20 seconds. I have tried a different radio, battery and even tried rebinding the system. Nothing fixed it. Aside from that it works fine. Range checks fine.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Did you check the paperwork that came with the motor to see if it mentions a Warning Beep of any kind? Are you sure it is the motor or could it be the ESC?

Are you drawing more current than the Motor, ESC, or Battery can handle? Have you installed a Wattmeter between the ESC and the Battery to measure the Current, Voltage, and Wattage?

What Motor, Battery, and ESC are you using?
Old 02-20-2011, 07:53 AM
drywaller

I knew I left out a bit of info. The ESC is a Castle Creations 54 amp esc. the motor is a Turnigy Aerodrive XP B2835-3900KV Brushless Motor and the battery is a Venom 5400mah 20c pack. As for amp draw, watts etc. I dont have a meter to check these figures. I will soon get one but for now I have to go on vendors advice as for what esc's motors etc.
At any rate the beep will present after connecting the battery, even if I dont spool up the motor.
I cant find the paper work for the motor but I do not recall reading anything pertaining to any beeps other than at arming.
I suppose it could be the ESC. They are fairly close so it could be coming from the esc. I will double check this. I will also re-read the paper work that came with the esc to see if there is any mention of this.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:22 AM
BuschBarber

ORIGINAL: drywaller

I knew I left out a bit of info. The ESC is a Castle Creations 54 amp esc. the motor is a Turnigy Aerodrive XP B2835-3900KV Brushless Motor and the battery is a Venom 5400mah 20c pack. As for amp draw, watts etc. I dont have a meter to check these figures. I will soon get one but for now I have to go on vendors advice as for what esc's motors etc.
At any rate the beep will present after connecting the battery, even if I dont spool up the motor.
I cant find the paper work for the motor but I do not recall reading anything pertaining to any beeps other than at arming.
I suppose it could be the ESC. They are fairly close so it could be coming from the esc. I will double check this. I will also re-read the paper work that came with the esc to see if there is any mention of this.

If the ESC is the Thunderbird 54a, it does have an Audible Arming Signal.

http://www.shop.com/Castle_Creations...#pop_pcd_tabs0
http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...user_guide.pdf

According to the ESC manual, when you connect the battery, a series of beeps will indicate how many LiPo cells are in the battery. When you move the Throttle Stick to Idle, you will hear the Arming Beeps.

Be sure that you know which direction the motor is turning when you connect the battery for the first time. I never have the Prop attached to the motor until I am sure the motor is turning in the correct direction and that Low Throttle is correct on the Tx.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:35 PM
pilotpete2

drywaller,
A single beep every 20 seconds with out the motor running, is CC's way of letting you know the the battery is still connected and the system is armed
The feature can be turned off in programming, but it is a good safety feature[8D]
Pete
Old 02-20-2011, 02:29 PM
drywaller

ORIGINAL: pilotpete2

drywaller,
A single beep every 20 seconds with out the motor running, is CC's way of letting you know the the battery is still connected and the system is armed
The feature can be turned off in programming, but it is a good safety feature[8D]
Pete
Pilotpete2, whos CC anyway.
No, really thanks. I was hoping it was something as simple as that.
Thanks again, Marco.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:03 PM
BuschBarber

CC is shorthand for Castle Creations.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:31 PM
pilotpete2

Or CC Sabathia maybe[8D]
Pete
Old 02-20-2011, 05:05 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CCRider-