Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New 6CH Radio....No response from Servos

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 12:17 PM
Snyperx
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 6CH Radio....No response from Servos

I just hooked up my Tower Hobbies 3000 6CH Radio and when I turn on the Tx and Rx I get no response from the servos. I did the recommended 15 hour charge. Any ideas? Is it a bad receiver? BAd battery? Bad crystal? I am pretty bummed since this weekend was going to be the maiden flight of my Avistar Thanks in advance.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:46 PM
FLYBOY

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Do the servos move at all when you turn on the rec? If not, could be a bad switch, rec or bat. Do you have the switch plugged into the rec in the right place? (had to ask) Are all the servos plugged in all the way? (again, had to ask) Is the transmitter showing that is has a charge on the meter? Is the crystal plugged into the rec all the way?

Those are just some of the main things that come to mind. If none of them work, you are going to have to send it back in. Sux to have problems like that. You may grab someone from the club to go over it with you before you send it in and see if there is something you missed. It is pretty straight forward though. Hard to miss. Probably bad switch or battery would be my most logical guess.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:47 PM
FLYBOY

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just a thought too, if it is new, make sure they gave you the right crystals in both the trans and rec.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:22 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Ditto to what Flyboy said. Plus make sure the battery and servos are plugged in the correct way.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:26 PM
Mighty Mouse-RCU
My Feedback: (145)

I got a receiver with the crystal pushed in next to the crystal socket. Check to see if the crysta is "in" the socket.
Old 08-09-2003, 01:53 AM
Snyperx

Just call me Capt. Moron. It ended up being that the servo plugs are reversed. For some reason the servos plug in the opposite direction as the battery and of course there is no mention of that in the manual. Thanks everyone for the replies.