Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba FP-T8A-P

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 04:26 AM
Reilly4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba FP-T8A-P

I have a Futaba PCM FP-T8A-P 8 channel Transmitter / Receiver combination that has the FP-2FTM2-FM RF module for the Transmitter.
The set is 35.180 Mhz and I need to change it to a 29 Mhz type.

Is it possible to have the set modified for use as a 29MHz model? Apart from the two crystals, is there some work required in the Trans. Module.

Thanks
Old 03-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba FP-T8A-P

The frequency difference would require retuning.

It is not known if the tuning range is possible with the components in use.

In any case it would have to be done by a certified shop witht he proper equipment to do this kind of work.

Suggest you contact the manufacturer or its distribution outlet and query.

Zor
Old 03-11-2011, 08:08 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Futaba FP-T8A-P

ORIGINAL: Reilly4

I have a Futaba PCM FP-T8A-P 8 channel Transmitter / Receiver combination that has the FP-2FTM2-FM RF module for the Transmitter.
The set is 35.180 Mhz and I need to change it to a 29 Mhz type.

Is it possible to have the set modified for use as a 29MHz model? Apart from the two crystals, is there some work required in the Trans. Module.

Thanks
Since you are using a radio where the entire RF section is located in removable RF Modules, what you need to ask is whether you can obtain RF Modules on 29Mhz for that radio. We do not use 35Mhz or 29Mhz in the US. In my JR XP9303, I can use 72Mhz, 50Mhz, and 2.4Ghz RF Modules, although, 50Mhz RF Modules are harder to find. Many of the old time RC guys used 6 meter radios because you had to have a HAM license so there were less pilots on that frequency.