Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec HFP-10 Programmer and HS5945 servos

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 10:34 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hitec HFP-10 Programmer and HS5945 servos

I have just purchased the HFP-10 programmer. I am setting up an H9 Carden 89" Yak. I am using HS-5945MG servos for each Aileron half and each Elevator half. I noticed that the Elevator halves are not tracking together and they are not even at the end of full stick travel. One is higher than the other at full up. I used the programmer to ensure that both servo arms were at 90 deg, to the servo case, at Neutral. I set the End Points at +/- 102. I still have the same issue.

What am I doing wrong?

The servos are mounted in the under side each Stab. I am using SWB Metal Servo Arms. The Control Horns on each Elevator are threaded Bolts. The Geometry looks the same for the linkage on each Elevator.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:58 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec HFP-10 Programmer and HS5945 servos

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber I have just purchased the HFP-10 programmer. I am setting up an H9 Carden 89" Yak. I am using HS-5945MG servos for each Aileron half and each Elevator half. I noticed that the Elevator halves are not tracking together and they are not even at the end of full stick travel. One is higher than the other at full up. I used the programmer to ensure that both servo arms were at 90 deg, to the servo case, at Neutral. I set the End Points at +/- 102. I still have the same issue.
What am I doing wrong? The servos are mounted in the under side each Stab. I am using SWB Metal Servo Arms. The Control Horns on each Elevator are threaded Bolts. The Geometry looks the same for the linkage on each Elevator.
The following may assist, especially the video on setting up multpile servos.
<dt>

Servo - Digital & Brushless Servo, Programmers and Software

<dl>

<dt>Brushless Servo - refer post #10 & #19 for major information </dt> <dt>Digital Servo Instruction Videos - Programming with HFP-10 <<<<<<<<<<<<< </dt> <dt>Digital Servo Programming FAQ - Center & End Point - Adjust to Match TX </dt> <dt>Digital Servo Programming FAQ - Center Point May Vary - Why & Correction </dt> <dt>Digital Servo - Delayed or Slow Centering at Start up #01 </dt> <dt>Digital Servo - Stop the Jitter of High Resolution Servo at center </dt> <dt>Jitter - High Resolution Digital Servo - Why & DIY Cure #02 </dt> <dt>Futaba - Programmable Digital Servo list & software </dt> <dt>Hitec - Digital Servo - Matching Elevator Halves<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< </dt> <dt>Hitec - Digital Servo Programming Fixture - review </dt> <dt>Hitec - Digital Servo Programming Instruction 7XXX 50XX Manual.pdf </dt> <dt>Hitec - HFP-20 - Servo Tester_Programmer inc Transmitter Pulse Width Tester. </dt> <dt>Hitec - HFP-20, HPP-21, HPP-21+, HMI = Servo Tester_Programmers for Hitec G2, digital and other servos. </dt> <dt>Hitec - HPP-21 & HPP-22 Programmers - Download Station - How to Install & Use </dt> <dt>Hitec - Programmers - Download Station for HPP-21, HPP-21+ & HPP-22. </dt> <dt>Hyperion - Digital servo User Guide and Software download. </dt> <dt>Spektrum - Digital Servo Programmer </dt></dl>

ex "Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.

</dt>
Old 03-12-2011, 12:15 PM
BuschBarber

Thanks A.T.

You always have a wealth of information.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:35 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

The function of the programmer is not to make all the end points +/- 102 (those are just programming numbers). It's to make all the physical center and end point positions the same on both elevators. This may require slightly different numbers on the programmer for each of the centers and end points. So enter whatever numbers it takes on the programmer to accomplish this. My programmer numbers are never the same on elevator halves...or any surface I've ever setup. Ball park, yes. Identical, never. Always start with the center, then do the end points. Measure with a ruler or protractor to get the physical end positions the same. Also can use sticks taped to the elevators. Make sure they always track the same.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:45 PM
BuschBarber

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

The function of the programmer is not to make all the end points +/- 102 (those are just programming numbers). It's to make all the physical center and end point positions the same on both elevators. This may require slightly different numbers on the programmer for each of the centers and end points. So enter whatever numbers it takes on the programmer to accomplish this. My programmer numbers are never the same on elevator halves...or any surface I've ever setup. Ball park, yes. Identical, never. Always start with the center, then do the end points. Measure with a ruler or protractor to get the physical end positions the same. Also can use sticks taped to the elevators. Make sure they always track the same.
Thanks for the reply. I followed most of the links that A.T. posted and watched the videos. I see that the End Points do not have to match but, more importantly, the Deflection of the Control surfaces should match.

Here is what I have done: I have two HS-5945 servos, one on each Elevator half. I used the Programmer to reset each servo to Factory Defaults. I installed the SWB servo arms. On one servo, it installed at exactly 90 degrees to the servo case. On the other servo, it was slightly off center. I used the programmer to set the Neutral (Center) point for each servo. I then set the End Points for each servo, so I was achieving the same deflection.

Just a note, the Right Elevator servo is connected to the Elevator channel 3 on my JR921 Rx. The Left Elevator servo is connected to Aux 3. I am using a JR XP9303 with a Spektrum module.

Here is the problem:

When I move the Elevator Stick slowly, the Right Elevator half moves before the Left Elevator half and then catches up at the end of Stick Travel, whether I am moving it Up or Down. Is this indicative of a Servo problem or a Transmitter problem? I have never seen this before with that Transmitter. The Model Memory was set to Factory Defaults and then I set the Aux3 channel to Inh and Mated it to the Elevator channel. There is no Sub Trim, no Rates set, and no other Mixers turned on.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:50 PM
BuschBarber

Another question - When I look at the value for Speed, for these two servos, using the programmer, they both read 180:29. According to the instruction for the Programmer, the 180 (or X value) is supposed to be the Default or Max Speed and the 29 (Y value) is supposed to be adjustable between 28 and 40. How does that relate to the 180 number?