Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba FG8 Programing

Old 04-07-2011, 09:23 AM
naviguesser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba FG8 Programing

I've heard that the Futaba FG8 has the programing capability to 'slow down' the gear retract speed. I'm an educated person but the programing guide that comes with the system is about the poorest written document I've ever seen (and I've spent 26 years in the military.) If anyone has figured out how to program the speed of the landing gear servo I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Confused
Old 04-07-2011, 10:26 AM
pilotpete2

Default RE: Futaba FG8 Programing

Retract servos are not proportional, so they can't be slowed down via the radio.
Pete
Old 04-11-2011, 08:21 AM
laidlaw

Hope this helps you to slow the retracts http://futaba8fg.wikidot.com/channel...motor-function I have followed the instructions (on the bench) and it works very well.

I used a normal servo to do this though.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:58 AM
cpeisher
My Feedback: (13)

I think the link you posted seems fairly in dpeth, cause i'm pretty sure i'll actually need the transmitter in front of me to make sense of that page!  But it looks like it will work.  Like was stated above though, you would have to use a non-retract servo to do this...
Old 04-11-2011, 10:57 AM
laidlaw

ORIGINAL: cpeisher

I think the link you posted seems fairly in dpeth, cause i'm pretty sure i'll actually need the transmitter in front of me to make sense of that page! But it looks like it will work. Like was stated above though, you would have to use a non-retract servo to do this...
It will certainly be good for Flap use. Make sure you start with screen 3 and 4. At first I tried doing the program using the screens but had to refer to the step by step instructions to get it correct.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:33 PM
pilotpete2

Just for grins I set up a model with three position flaps and slowed down the servos. Works like a charm[8D]
Keep in mind that if you're using an IC engine, you'll need to recreate the throttle cut function with a P-mix, easy to do and works exactly like the throttle cut in the throttle function.
Pete