Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Cleaning a 9ZAP

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 08:19 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning a 9ZAP

Guys,

After a few months of traces of gas, glow and jet fuel getting on my hands and then onto my transmitter I feel the need to brighten it back up!

Does anyone know what I can use to remove the grubbiness and restore it to its former glory???

Thanks
Old 08-11-2003, 01:59 PM
SilverComet

Default Cleaning a 9ZAP

I rub it with alcohol on a cotton pad, it removes all the grease or possibly oxidation on the surface you might if you haven't touched your radio for a while.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:34 PM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Default Cleaning a 9ZAP

Ditto on the alcohol. I have found that a Q-tip works well for getting into the tight spots in front around the trims. Don't know if the brand name Q-tips is common in the UK (made by Johnson & Johnson I think), but they must have something similar. It is basically a small stick with a small cotton swab attached.

Mine still looks a bit ratty as I have actually worn groves in the case from where I hold the radio, but the aclohol seems to do a pretty good job of cleaning the radio up. Just don't drench the radio.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:25 AM
steveg_oz

Default Cleaning a 9ZAP

I use a product designed for renewing the plastic in car upholstery. It removes the grease and restores the plastic case.

Steve
Old 08-12-2003, 12:40 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cleaning a 9ZAP

I don't own a 9zap but just curious to know if the fron panel is metal or plastic coated with chrome paint, just like the 9C ? Thx
Old 08-12-2003, 03:12 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Default Cleaning a 9ZAP

You've worn grooves in your transmitter? You need a hobby to escape from your hobby