Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Graupner Mc-22 users : testmonies needed !

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 12:56 PM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Graupner Mc-22 users : testmonies needed !

Hello Grapner users !

I'm about to buy a Graupner Mc-22 set.

I would simply like to know if, as expereinced users, you have found any drawback for this particular Tx.

Thanks a lot !

Regards
Old 08-10-2003, 08:18 AM
Jon Wold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just ordered one.

They say the major difference between the MC-24 and the MC-22 is that 24 has more of everything (model memories, flight modes) and users can upgrade software themselves while MC-22, still being fully upgradeable, needs to be taken in by the dealer to do the upgrade.

There are apparently some features of the MC-22 that current MC24's don't have, they'll only be available in the next version. Plus the 22's got digital trims which was the main selling point for me. I've gotten used to that and I can't go back.

People I spoke to before making my decision said there's no bad sides to this radio. Their only complaint was that the Stick switch option was so expensive :-)

I've also heard complaints that the English manual is very poorly illustrated with fewer examples compared to the German one but have not seen this for myself.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Strykaas

Default Indeed

Thanks for your answer.

I called several RC hobby shops yesterday to get their prices.

Around 680 euros for the basic Mc22 set.

True, the stick switch is around 60 euros, more than 65 USD...

Think I'll get one soon, but I want to fully equip this Tx with all the switches. The cost will skyrocket !!!

Regards
Old 08-11-2003, 12:43 AM
steveg_oz

I have an MC-24. The stick switches were expensive, but I had two 3 position switches fitted. They are just great if you use flight modes. I hate having to take my fingers off the stick, so the switches can be configured for switching flight modes. If you fly heli's the profitrim is also useful, it allows you to put a trim function on any point of any curve mixer.

If the MC-22 is anything like the 24, it will be a fantastic radio, with an ease of programming missing from Multiplex radio's. I just wish I had digital trims on mine!

Steve
Old 08-11-2003, 06:14 AM
Jon Wold

If a fully expanded MC-22 is desirable have a look at the new JR MX-22 (as it's called in Europe) which is in fact an MC-22 in a futaba-style casing with all available switches just like any JR radio. The software is identical and if you really need all those switches the JR is possibly better value although you miss out on the whole long stick, stick switch and euro-style stransmitter tray comfort. Graupner.de has pictures of both MC-22 fully built and the MX-22.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:28 PM
Strykaas

Default Yep

Yes I've already looked into their online catalogue... Into nearly all other Radios brands too, because buying a high end radio is something we must not decide overnight.

The point is that I do not want a "thumbs on" Tx. This limits my choice to few Tx.

I think you have forgotten one advantage for the MC22 : it's by far easier to clean it (if needed) thanks to its simple forms, which is not the case for Japan style radios.

Basically, the only criterai which should make you chose may be : "are you a 'thumbs on' fan ? Or perhaps some kind of aesthetic choice. In my opinoin, these have EXACTLY the same performance, possibilities, except long sticks with switches) Do u see any other ?

Has anyone heard about digital trims on the MC24 ? I doubt it, in so far as it would require a total rework of its software... Any info regarding this ?

Thanks.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:30 AM
Jon Wold

Default Re: Yep

Originally posted by Strykaas

I think you have forgotten one advantage for the MC22 : it's by far easier to clean it (if needed) thanks to its simple forms, which is not the case for Japan style radios.
You've got that right! My 15 year old JR X-347 is beyond cleaning. It still performs brilliantly but it does not look the part any more I'm afraid.