Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Weird screen on Royal Evo when turning it off

Old 09-04-2003, 06:32 AM
RCfun-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird screen on Royal Evo when turning it off

To all Royal Evo users

Do you experience the same as me? When I turn off the transmitter sometimes the screen show lines or weird patterns on screen for a few (3-5) seconds. If I use the scanner they appear almost everytime I turn it off.

I called Multiplex and they gave me some explanation about some capacitors might still deliver power to the screen. Now this seems plausible but then I would expect all or most Royal Evos to behave the same.

My particualar TX is an Evo9 with Synth and Scanner. I have run software version 1.16, 1.24 and now 1.26 and have had the problem on all software versions.

Replies are much appreciated as it is freaking me out a bit, i.e., do I or do I not have a faulty Tx. Multiplex claims it to be ok (on the phone).

Best regards
RCfun
Old 09-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Tiger
My Feedback: (7)

This is very common on LCD devices. I would not worry about it.

Cheers!
Old 09-04-2003, 11:52 PM
Lynx

When the device has it's power cut there's a minuscule amount of charge left in those capacitors they mentioned. It discharges when the supply voltage goes bellow a fairly random level, and it doesn't take much to make an LCD darken so it'll make random segments dark for a short bit. There's no reason to add all the extra circuitry to prevent this because it's harmless.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:53 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Quite a lot of Evo users are reporting this occurence so I wouldn't worry that your Tx alone is faulty. Mpx answer has always been that it is capacitors discharging, it seems to be mostly associated with having the scanner unit.

H
Old 09-05-2003, 07:15 AM
RCfun-RCU

Thanks for the all replies. I will now go to bed at get some sleep. Haven't slept since I discovered the problem .

On another note. I really like the Tx so far. Have not done any advanced setup yet as I at the moment fly 4-5 servo planes but its seem quite easy to use after playing with it for a little while and after reading the manual twice.

I have a tray for mine as I like to hold the sticks with two fingers. However, flying with thumbs on top of the sticks is also really easy even without a neckstrap. It balances quite well - at least for me.

Best regards
RCfun